To be a final girl is to be feral

Start from the beginning

GIRL: Why do people hate us?

MOTHER: Because they are jealous of our beautiful skin, they want to be what we have.

At such a young age children around the world were being taught such foul things, such disgusting behavior by their eldest parents who they seen as right. But those adults were just children who had kids. And never do those things mix.

Serenity, a young black girl, is told at nine her skin color is too dark by one of her white classmates. They turn the lights off and tell her they cannot see her and everyone laughs at that; they laugh but why? Can they not see the frown on their peers face? Can they not see the tears that trail down her cheeks and the snot that is threatening to touch her lip? Do they not care? Maybe the answer is in front of her. It is right in front of her and it threatens to knock her over. She tells her mother and her mother cries with her, she tells her the Truth of it all. She tells her that there are people in this world that hate them for no reason, and there is nothing she can do.

Nothing at all.

Again, at twelve, Serenity is told by her male classmate that her shoulders are too big. That her jawline is strong, and worse of all; that everything about her is manly. That she is a man. And she cannot change that despite the girl clothes she wear.

Every one laughs at this also but Serenity has had enough, she tells him that he sounds like a little girl. That his mother is begging the teacher to pass him by sucking him off. For that she gets detention but she doesn't care. She feels great. (All for the moment.) Because when she gets home she examines her shoulders, she looks at her jaw; tears stain her purple blouse. Does she really look like a man? Why can't she have a chest and hips like the other girls? Why did she have to become so dark and ugly?

Then at 15, she becomes what everyone craves. She is what they desire for once, and she doesn't know how to handle all the attention but she does know one thing.

She knows now that her mother was right; they were jealous. And now they will never have her.

II. Girls that grew up mean and ugly are meant to stay that way.

III. A girl reclaims her life, she grips it by the blade and becomes what she hated.

Despite common beliefs, and the ignorance of her classmates, Serenity wasn't what a mean girl would be called. She wasn't the loud and always angry girl who would raise her voice at you for just being in her vicinity, or maybe even just give you a stank face if you stared at her too long. No, no. Serenity wasn't that. That's because she was worse. Serenity is the girl that leaves you to rot, she is the girl that will laugh at your pain because everyone laughed at hers.

She is the girl that younger girls want to be, she is who she always wanted to be when she was younger. (Is this person really who she is?) Her sharp words and beautiful smile, and her voice that holds so much power. She is the girl that has thousands of secret admirers, many followers and girls who long to be her. She is the girl many want to be.

There is a food chain that lingers on Hawkins, girls racing to the top to try and climb the hill of popularity. Girls that will never be able to compete with Serenity, but they still try to overthrow the girl's power. Her throne that lies nicely on top of the shit pile that is Hawkins High, and though she finds herself fighting all of it with bared teeth and glossed lips; her place in the social hierarchy will stay the same. Serenity is the girl who everyone wants to be, she's got big sharp teeth and fat hips, they all bow down to her as she walks these halls at the highest peak of where she could be. She could never wish to be a bottle blonde, she could never wish to not be so mean. What she is now has gotten her here, and she won't leave.