She stepped out from behind the pillar, listening to Fury. Looking over her shoulder she saw her husband, his chin resting on his hand, his forehead leaning against the cold, yellow pole. The lab was chaotic. People were running all over the place, cases in their hands, making their way to the stairs or to different tables.

"Talk to me, Doctors," Fury said. Selvig was tinkering with something around the cube. Fury looked over at Monica who leaned up against a workbench, reading over the data collected from the Tesseract. "Is there anything we know for certain?"

"The Tesseract is misbehaving," Monica told him. Fury glared at her, raising his eyebrow.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" He asked her.

"No, it's not funny at all," Monica replied, a serious look on her face. She pushed her body away from the bench so she could walk next to

"The Tesseract is not only active, she's... behaving." Dr. Selvig explained. "She's an energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"We prepared for this, Doctor. Harnessing energy from space."

"But we don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete." Monica added, holding the tablet close to her chest. "And she's throwing off interference, radiation-"

"Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation." Selvig cut her off. Nick looked over his shoulder to the Tesseract before looking back at Monica who had her lips rolled into a straight line. She looked uncomfortable.

"That can be harmful." Fury told him, "Where's Agent Barton?"

"The Hawk?" Selvig scoffed, pointing behind him. "Up in his nest, as usual." Monica rolled her eyes. Eric didn't like Clint all that much, for some reason Monica didn't know. She turned her head as she watched her husband drop from the level above.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things," Fury told him, his voice echoing around the lab as they walked side by side.

"Well, I see better from a distance," Clint replied.

"Have you seen anything that might set this thing off?" Fury questioned. The voice of another doctor in the lab broke Monica away from her thoughts and away from her listening. She looked over at the blonde woman as she told her about the cube spiking again like she had before.

Monica walked over to the woman, looking at the data while Fury and Clint walked up to the blue Tesseract. "No one's come or gone. And Selvig and Monica are clean. No contacts, no IMs." Clint listed off, looking over at his wife for a second. "If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end."

"At this end?" Fury repeated.

"Yeah, the Cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? Doors open for both sides." A loud noise came from the Tesseract, using its energy to do something that they weren't sure of. Monica snapped her head up, looking at the cube in between Nick and Clint.

The energy cracking got louder, flashes of blue light filled the lab, and the building floor shook. No one moved, said anything, or tried to stop anything. They just watched as they waited for the cube to do something. Suddenly a beam shot across to the other side of the room.

The cube was trying to open a portal? The portal started to get bigger and bigger. Monica's eyes widened as she continued to look she could feel someone looking at her. Clint looked back at her, making sure that she was ok. She gave him a small nod, he nodded back before turning to look back at the Tesseract.

In a matter of seconds, the portal exploded, the energy from the Tesseract spreading across the room. When everything settled, they could see the energy that had gone up to the roof, covering the ceiling and the sparks had created fire on the runway and a few of the light panels. There was a body, standing in the middle of the burning panels. They had blue flames on their back that quickly disappeared. Everyone stared at them, they held a scepter in their hand with a glowing gem in the middle.