Sometimes Indiana wonders how they are cousins and not sisters, with they way they seem to read each others minds.

Indiana pushes a breath out through her pursed lips, "She should be fine, we've been to six puppy training and socialising classes in preparation for this, but I'm just-"

"Being overdramatic," Jasmine finishes her sentence, appearing at the foot of the staircase. She's clad in her favourite light wash denim jeans and black tank top, not that she ever wears anything else. "Clover is going to be just fine, Indiana. You should be more worried about yourself."

She feels her brows furrow of their own accord, and points a look at Athena. "What does she mean by that?"

If there is one thing in particular that Indiana doesn't like about the fact that Athena and Jasmine have formed a relationship of their own, it's that they now have the ability to keep secrets from her. Before, it was Indiana confiding in them both separately and getting individual advice. Now, they've somehow become one brain, and it seems with the missing cells comes even stupider advice.

"Don't worry about it," Athena says, like it's nothing. "Come, now, people are waiting to meet you."

And with that, Athena walks away from her and retreats down the stairs, and really what choice does Indiana have other than to follow her blindly.

The nerves start to settle in her stomach then, anxiety creeping up her neck. It's not that she's unfamiliar with everyone here, she recognises more people than she doesn't, it's just that Clover is only four months old and Indiana is worried that the puppy may try to steal food from someones plate.

It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the look that Athena and Jasmine exchange as they exit the back doors that lead into the garden, and Indiana pretends not to notice the smirk on Jasmine's face as she follows silently. Almost immediately May is at her side, pressing into her side quickly before she's kneeling onto the floor to fuss over the dog.

Typical, Indiana thinks. She should've seen it coming.

She ignores the blatant favouritism that her family is showing Clover in favour of greeting Rosalie, pulling the younger girl into her chest and pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Hi, Rosie. You doing good?"

Rosalie hums in response, pulling back and taking a piece of her hair around her finger, twirling it, "Did Jasmine tell you about the hot guy you're here to meet?"

Suddenly, it all makes sense. The look of determination on Athena's face, Jasmine telling her she should be more worried about herself, the knowing looks exchanged between Athena and Jasmine.

Sure, Athena said she would set Indiana up, but it wasn't meant to happen like this. She thought that Athena would show her pictures of her prospects, ask her what she thought of this person and that person. She thought she'd get some say in the matter before she was thrown into the deep end.

Indiana doesn't know why she expected anything different.

Athena looks at her then, sheepish, "I was going to tell you that he was your suitor after I introduced you to him, let you make your own assessment without the pressure."

"My suitor," Indiana repeats. "Athena, what is this, 1802? You could've just gave the guy my number."

The only response that Indiana gets back is an eye roll, and she has to force herself not to do one right back. This is typical Athena, and quite frankly, Indiana's more annoyed at herself for not seeing this coming. She should've seen it coming.