34.

Scarlet took in a deep breath before getting out of her car that was parked out the front of the Malfoy Manor. They were all going to get the train since it was only a short break over Christmas, but with the bad feeling all of them shared, Kylo, Theo, and Scarlet offered to just drive.

"You okay, Scar?" Blade softly asked, getting out of her passenger with a look of worry on his face.

"This isn't going to end well," she breathed, closing her car door.

The whole drive over, they barely shared a word, allowing the radio to fill the silence. Everyone knew that something was up, but none of them knew what was going to happen. They all agreed that at the first sign of danger, they were going to leave and get the hell away. But now, looking at the Manor, Scarlet realized that might be harder to do than they thought.

"As long as we all have each other's backs, then we're okay," he assured her, grabbing out his bag and then hers from the trunk.

Blade and Scarlet often glanced back at Drae while he talked to Leila and the twins about something while Theo and Mattheo grabbed their bags.

Scarlet took her bag from Blade with a small thank you before they both walked over to Drae where the others were waiting...Well, except for Enz who insisted that he would rather spend the holiday with a Hufflepuff boy than at the Malfoy Manor.

"Fine, but there are rules," Scarlet heard Drae say as she joined them with Blade and Leila leaned back against Theo's car. "None of us know what we're walking into. That means that everyone needs to just stay on my father's good side which means manners, no swearing, and no walking away when he's talking to you."

"This seems more like a jail than a dinner," Scarlet mumbled, leaning against Blade. "I can see why you left," she said to Leila, quieter than before.

Drae waved her off, looking at Leila. "Don't mention your relationship until after dinner. Merlin knows what father would say."

Scarlet cringed, remembering that the twins were Mudbloods and that Lucius absolutely hated Mudbloods.

"You can't be serious," Leila scoffed.

"Dead serious," he stated, not even bothering to look at Kylo who looked pissed and annoyed like Leila. "Can we just get through this dinner first?"

Leila stayed silent, staring him down and Scarlet stood up straighter, knowing that look all too well.

"Come on, guys," Scarlet chirped, linking her arm with Leila's. "Let's just get this shit over and done with. It's Christmas tomorrow!"

"Only you would be excited about Christmas," Mattheo chuckled, shaking his head as he started to walk away.

"Remind me why he's here again?" she muttered, annoyed he even opened his mouth as she pulled Leila along with her, following after him and Drae.

Scarlet felt Leila's arm tense as the front doors opened and Drae's whole body straightened. The small signs and differences in the Malfoy's were noted by her as they walked inside and then she started gawking at the grand chandelier that hung above them.

"Knowing my parents, they are either in the study or—"

"Are my children home?" a warm voice filled their ears and Scarlet kept her eyes on Leila who smiled, unlinking her arm with hers.

Scarlet and the others straightened their postures as Narcissa Malfoy rounded the corner, flaunting her beautiful smile that glowed against her black and white hair as she looked at Drae and then Leila.

"Hello, mother," Drae greeted Narcissa as Scarlet held back a smile at the way his mood seemed to heighten as he hugged her.

Narcissa then turned to Leila, not giving her a second to think before she pulled her into her arms, leaning her mouth close to her ear. Scarlet and Theo shared an uneasy look as the smile on Leila's face dropped when Narcissa pulled away. Something was definitely just said between the older lady and the younger girl—something none of the others heard.