What Haunts A Regressor

(Dokja's POV)

Opening my eyes, I expected to find myself in Yoo Junghyeok's body, seeing the world from his point of view, but all I saw was a black void. Looking down, I noticed that I was back to my blue, transparent body. It felt strange to be back to this. "I'm definitely in his mind right now... but I can't see anything." I wander around for a bit, trying to find his conscience. Thankfully, it doesn't take that long. But when I find him, I find a sight I wish I could burn from my memories.

It was Yoo Junghyeok, suspended in the middle of the void by thousands of black tentacles. I resisted the urge to vomit.

[Personal skill, The Fourth Wall, has nullified your shock.]

I felt myself drifting closer, hovering over the dark oblivion. "He isn't awake." I began to panic. His shirt was torn all the way down. His coat and pants turned into rags. He was covered in dark, angry business, marks of torture, and something more. He may have been unconscious, but his body was shaking; a shine covered him, sweat. "What the hell did he do to you?"

I stopped in front of him. Slowly, I raised a hand to his face. "Yoo Junghyeok..." He recoiled away from my touch, a frightened look on his face. The next words that left his mouth were spoken in a tone I would have never expected to hear from the regressor. "No... more... I can't..." It was a weak cry, a sound that didn't suit him. I looked behind me, expecting to find a monster, but there was no one. I turned back to him. "No one's here. It's me, Yoo Junghyeok."

He began to struggle against the appendages that bound him. "Junghyeok." I reached for him, but he screamed. His eyes were lidded with tears as he did everything in his power to back away. His eyes darkened. "Get... away from me... Asmodeus." I backed away, realization hitting me. "It's not that he isn't seeing me; he thinks I'm Asmodeus."

"Yoo Junghyeok... Asmodeus isn't here." I try to reason with him, all my effort into getting him back. But all he did was scream and struggle. I looked at the tentacles holding him and began to cut them away. Even if this was only in his mind, anything can help. But instead of removing them, my touch only seemed to cause them to tighten. Junghyeok held back a pained yell.

I backed away. "I'm sorry..." I looked around; our surroundings were starting to disintegrate. I tried placing my hand on his cheek. He instantly tried to move away, but I kept it there. "I'm not Asmodeus. He isn't here." He was still fighting me. "My name is Kim Dokja, and I'm your companion."

He threw his head back with a groan. "Liar." I could feel the tears coming to my eyes, but I would not let them fall. "Please, Yoo Junghyeok, talk to me."

"Why... would I talk to you... you demon." He spat, anger radiating off his face. I take a deep breath. "What do you see, Yoo Junghyeok?" He glared at me. "What game are you playing Asmodeus?"

"I'm not Asmodeus!" I tried to keep my voice low for his sake, but we were running out of time. "Just answer the question." He took a deep breath. "I see a fucking demon. A monster who still isn't satisfied even after DECADES!!!"