"I can understand that reasoning. It is enough though. It means so much more than that. We live in a time where gay marriage is finally legal. New York just legalized it. I mean I want to be able to call you my wife, not just my mate." I respond with intense passion.

"So, you want to get married in New York?" Bella asks with a mischievous smile.

"Well no, actually. I want to get married in Argentina." I smile.

"Why Argentina?"

"I'm not sure if you've ever been but it's beautiful there. I spent some time there for a few years and it's just different. The people are lively, the scenery is gorgeous, and the building I had in mind is something right out of a fairytale." I zone out, reminiscing in nostalgia.

"It does sound pretty romantic. I would love to see it. Look, if marriage is really this important to you, then I will consider it. On one condition though." Bella says.

"Really? Anything! Just name it!" I scream excitedly.

"You have to promise that you will always be honest with me. A marriage would never work if I can't trust you." Bella says with a hint of pain in her eyes.

"I will never lie to you. I will never keep anything from you. I will do whatever you need me to do if it means I can spend the rest of my life with you!" I say taking Bella by the hand.

I kneel down in front of the bed, facing her.

"I have never loved anyone the way that I love you. You have a unique perspective of the world, and it would be a much better place if more people like you existed. You found a way to give me my humanity back and I will owe you for that until the end of time. Nothing in this world will ever matter to me as much as you do. I will be by your side until earth stops spinning, and even then, gravity won't keep us apart. I love you, Bella. Will you marry me?" The hope in my voice fills the room as I speak.

"Yes. I will marry you." Bella sounded choked up as if she would cry.

I produce a ring from my pocket and slide the gold band onto her ring finger.

"Oh my god. This is beautiful. What happened here though?" Bella asks, pointing to one of the missing diamonds. The gold band held a row of three diamonds and three rubies, but the seventh slot was empty.

"Well, it's the only thing I have left of my sister Anne. After the Volturi destroyed her, I found it lying in the snow. I assume one of the diamonds broke when she was fighting them." I explain while standing up and sitting next to her on the bed.

"Woah, I can't accept this. If it's the only thing you have left of your sister, you have to keep it." Bella says, sliding the ring of her finger.

"No." I grab her hand with one quick motion before she gets the ring off. "This is what you mean to me, Bella. I want you to keep it. It might be just a ring, but it deserves to be worn by someone worthy of it. That someone is you. I don't trust anyone more than you with it."

"Uh... Thank you. That really means a lot to me. I will protect it with my life." Bella smiles softly and slides the ring back over her finger. I wrap my arms around her pulling her in a tight hug and she kisses me gently.

"Yayyyyyy!" Bella and I both jump at the sound of Alice's voice.

I look around but can't see her. She giggles and my eyes shoot toward the window. There Alice is, sitting in a tree with a camera in her hand.

"Alice!" Bella chides her.

"I'm sorry. I saw your decision in a vision and sprinted over here to capture the moment." Alice says excitedly, swinging from the tree into the open window.