Chapter 17: Muzan Kibutsuji

Start from the beginning

"I can't tell you!" the demon screamed as he regenerated his limbs and tried to attack Tanjiro, only for his head to be decapitated in one clean strike by him.

Tanjiro sheathed his sword and turned around to find (Y/n) cleaning blood from Nezuko's wound with her handkerchief. Nezuko was sitting on the pavement leaning against a wall.
The girl looked at him. "She's sleeping again."
Tanjiro smiled. "Has the wound stopped bleeding?"
"Yup."

Tanjiro put Nezuko in the box and slung it over his shoulders.
(Y/n) looked back at Kazumi who was still in great shock after finding out that Satoko had died at the hands of a demon.
The girl sat down on the pavement in front of the man. "Are you alright?"

Upon hearing the girl's words, the man teared up. "I lost my fiancée. Do you think I'm alright?"
He looked down on the ground and started sobbing.

"Kazumi-san." The man looked up at Tanjiro. "No matter how much you have lost, life must go on. No matter how tough it gets, you have to move on," Tanjiro said softly.
"What do you know?" Kazumi screamed, tears in his eyes. "You're just a kid. You don't know anything!"

However, Tanjiro just smiled at him. "I have to leave now."
(Y/n) removed Satoko's ribbon from her pocket and gave it to Kazumi. "It's for you. I believe this is Satoko-san's belongings."
Kazumi took the ribbon and held it close to him, crying.

"So... he's been through something like this too? Is that what he meant?" the man wondered.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean those things which I said!" he shouted to Tanjiro. Tanjiro just waved back at him.

"We'll leave the young lady to you!" (Y/n) shouted as she too waved goodbye.

🌺

The sun had risen as the duo was contemplating what to do next.
"What are we supposed to do now?" 
"I think-" Tanjiro was interrupted by (Y/n)'s crow, Yoshi, who sat on his arm. 
"Caw! Next stop is Asakusa, Tokyo. Rumor has it that demons are lurking there!"

"Do I have to go there right away? We just completed a mission!" Tanjiro grumbled.
"It's an emergency! Caw!"

"Hey, Yoshi. I got something for you," (Y/n) said as her crow sat on her shoulder. She took something out of her haori's pocket.
"What is it?"
The girl tied a star collar with a small bell around Yoshi's neck.

"What is it?"The girl tied a star collar with a small bell around Yoshi's neck

"Do you like it?"
The crow was too stunned to speak.

"You can tell me if you don't. I can remove it if you hate it,"  she said nervously.
"Um... I like it!" the crow answered.

"Really?"
"I do. I've never received a present before."

"Get going, you lazy humans! The next mission is urgent!" Tanjiro's crow screamed from the sky.
"Alright, alright!"