Pratipa's eyes sprung open, wide with a mixture of astonishment and trepidation. The dream, so vivid and profound, lingered in his thoughts, melding with the reality that surrounded him in his chamber.

The old king, overcome by a sense of urgency, slowly rose from his bed. His heart pounded against his chest, the weight of the goddess's reminder bearing down upon him.

"Arya ? Kya huya ?" His wife Sunanda asked.

"Ek vachan smaran ho aya." Pratipa said. "Pratihari !" He called.

A young maiden entered the room with bowed head.

"Aadesh Maharaj." She said.

"Yuvraj Shantanu ko Rajya sabha mei upasthit hone ko kaho. Iss hi kshan." Pratipa said getting off the bed.

-------

The rays of the moon, came through the ornate windows of the great throne room. Maharaj Pratipa stood in front of the great Kuru singhasan, his old eyes fixed on a grand and regal statue behind it.

The statue of Akhand Maharani.

Seated on a magnificent throne, she held a flag of Kurus aloft with one hand and a gleaming spear of authority in the other. Bathed in the soft glow of the moon, the massive depiction of the goddess, was captivating to the senses.

Positioned behind the throne of the kingdom, the statue was the one which was established by King Bharat himself, it served as a constant reminder of her authority and how kings are nothing but mere representatives of her, ruling behalf of her.

Memories of his youth flooded his mind, of the various challenges he faced and the moments of triumph that brought him to this very spot.

Aged lines etched upon Pratipa's furrowed brow, gazed at the statue with a mix of nostalgia and reverence. His wrinkles stood as a testimony of the weight of the responsibility he held, the weight that has been passed down through generations of kings who stood in similar positions before this sublime statue.

He kept thinking about his time as a king and the promise he had made a long time ago. Deep within his soul, Pratipa recognized the significance of this vow. It was not a trivial promise made in haste but a pledge forged by the intertwining threads of fate itself.

Tomorrow his son shall become the King of Hastinapur, and after telling him the vow he had made, Pratipa could be assured that he had fulfilled all his duties. He hoped to find solace and clarity within the timeless visage of Aryabharti, a glimmer of reassurance that he was not alone in this monumental decision.

Suddenly, the sound of familiar footsteps fell over his ears, he gazed sideways and saw Shantanu coming.

"Aapne bulaya Pitashree ?" He asked after touching his father's feet and seeking his blessings.

"Kya tumhe Akhand Maharani ke 4 Raj-updesh smaran hai ?" Asked Pratipa, looking back at the statue.

"Smaran hai." Shantanu said.

"Pratham kya hai ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja kabhi bhi krodh aur vaasna se ghrasit ho kar koi karya na kare." The crown prince said.

"Dusra ?" The old king asked.

"Apne Rajya mei ho rahe chhote se chhote vivaran ki khabar bhi Raja ko honi chahiye, ya toh praja se baat karke ya guptcharo ke dwara." Shantanu said.

"Teesra ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja ko sadev sunishchit karna chahiye ki Raaj-kosh bhara huya hai. Aur iss dhan ka prayog Raja ko mantri, padhadhikaari, sahiyogi dalo aur praja ke kalyaan hetu karna chahiye." Shantanu said.

"Aur chautha ?" Pratipa asked.

"Raja ko sadev uttam aacharan rakhna chahiye. Aur apne aavego ko niyantran mei rakhna chahiye." Shantanu said.

"Maine inn sabhi updesho ka palan aadesho ke samaan kiya hai." The old king said as he looked at his son, "Mujhe vishwas hai ki tum bhi yahi karoge."

"Mai purn prayas karunga." Shantanu said.

"Kal Bahlik aur tumhe Rajya de, mai apne sabhi uttardaitwo se mukt ho jayunga. Bas ek antim karya shesh rehta hai, aur woh tumhe karna hoga." Pratipa said.

"Aagya kare pitashree." Shantanu said.

Pratipa looked at his son, and kept a hand over his shoulder, "Shantanu, bahut samaye pehle, mujhse ek sundar kanya milne aayi thi tumhare kalyaan hetu. Yadi woh divya sundari tumse gupt mei milne aaye, aur santaan ki kaamna kare toh tum usse uska parichaye ya kul nahi puchoge. Tum uske dwara kiye gaye koi bhi karya par prashn nahi uthaoge. Usse waisa hi prem karna jaisa woh tumse karti hai." He told.

"Mujhe pata kaise chalega ki woh kanya kaun hai ? Aur bina uska parichaye jaane mai usse prem kaise karunga ?" Shantanu asked.

Pratipa pointed at his son's chest, tapping the heart, "Yeh spandan tumhe bata degi ki woh kanya kaun hai. Aur tumhari aatma uska parichaye pehechaan legi."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Time for the story of Shantanu and Ganga ✨✨✨