𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"I guess things are not well between you and Rotxo still?" Këon asks.

"I don't know what to do" she shrugs, looking down at her hands as she struggles for words, whilst she tried keeping herself intact, not wanting to break down in front of him.

"Lëy'la, it is okay. We all have emotions. You are allowed to express them" Këon assures her.

"I want us to be the way we were" Lëy'la looks up with a bitter smile, her eyes full of sorrowful tears, before she turns to face him, "but how can I forgive him when I still feel so hurt?"

Këon gives her a heartful sigh, as he pulls her in for a comforting, brotherly-friendly hug.

"You should not keep all of these feelings inside. Have you not spoken to anyone?" Këon asks.

She shook her head no, wiping her eyes, as she moves away from him, "and please do not. Do not tell Kiri or anyone, for that matter. I can not burden my siblings with my sorrows. This is my.. life now. It is not theirs, that they should have to see me in a state like this."

"But you have always been there for them" Këon points out.

She nods, "and I don't live a day to regret it. I love them like they are my own kids. But it's not their job to be there for me when I'm going through problems like this. It's no one's job really."

Lëy'la sighs, wiping her eyes once again, "I just hope he really has gone to get my grandmother back.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"How do you think Lëy'las' holding up?" Rotxo asks.

"I don't know. You're her mate, shouldn't you ask her?" Ao'nung asks.

"She doesn't want to talk to me" Rotxo responds.

"Because you've been a jerk to her" Ao'nung replies.

"I've been going through a hard time, Ao'nung. I haven't been myself, I know that. I was wrong, I know that. But I've been hurt" Rotxo stops walking, as he turns to face Ao'nung.

"I know, Rotxo" Ao'nung responds calmly, turning around to then face him back, "we all know. And we've all wanted to be there for you. Especially Lëy'la. But you pushed us away."

"Because I didn't want to be okay. I didn't deserve to be okay, and loved. Happy" Rotxo replies.

"Why not? You are not responsible for what happened to your grandma, Rotxo. You couldn't have stopped it, even if you knew" Ao'nung responded.

"I went on with my own life, without knowing that she was dying. That she was sick. All she has done, is look after me, for all those years. And that is how I repay her?" Rotxo asks.

Ao'nung sighs, taking a step forward, before gently patting Rotxo on his shoulder, "you have a fear of abandonment. And with what you've been through, I don't blame you. But, I'm not going to abandon you. Neither is Lëy'la. So you can not project this fear on us, or it'll make things worse.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"I'm home" Ao'nung calls out, as he walks into the marui, finding Neteyam sat down with a child.

Neteyam looks up to Ao'nung, a smile plastered on his face, "Nung."

"Who's child is this?" Ao'nung asks.

"Ours" Neteyam responds.

"We don't have a child" Ao'nung looks at him confused.

"Well, our practice child" Neteyam chuckles.

Ao'nung tilts his head, his head showing wrinkles of confusion, before Neteyam stood up.

"You said you wanted kids. Correct?" Neteyam asks, getting a quiet nod from Ao'nung.

"Well, I realised that I may have been a bit.. selfish in my decision of not letting us at least try. So, whilst Suye had her second child, I told her that we'll take care of her son, Zen" Neteyam explains.

"You did this for me?" Ao'nung asks.

"Of course. We can both have a bit of experience, learning what is right and what is wrong, when raising a child-!"

Neteyam cuts himself off, as he feels Ao'nungs' arms tighten around him, pulling him in for a hug.

Neteyam smiles, as he hugs Ao'nung back.

Their arms encircled one another, creating a cocoon of love and understanding.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Rotxo returned home, to see that Lëy'la had also returned.

She lay there in peaceful repose, her body nestled in the gentle cradle of slumber.

Her chest rose and fell in a steady, rhythmic dance, strands of hair, touched by the soft glow of moonlight.

She was fast asleep, leaving enough space beside her for Rotxo to then lay down beside her.

Getting himself comfortable, Rotxo makes his way to lay down beside her, turning his body to face her, before his head gently hit the ground.

He fell into a daze, watching her as she slept.

It was peaceful.

Feeling eager to want to feel her touch once again, Rotxo raises his hand, bringing it across, before gently cradling her cheek within the palm of his hand.

The tip of his thumb rubs against her temple, as he continues to watch her sleep.

"I'm sorry" he whispers.

Wriggling himself forward, towards her, Rotxo brings his lips to her head, letting down a gentle peck.

He then rests his head against hers, his eyes closed, too numb to feel the tears that gradually squeezed out his eyes.

"I'm so sorry" he whispers again.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘