Chapter 31: Once Again

Start from the beginning

I pull back looking at her holding her face, "you are what I want Y/n. No one is going to take you away from me. Not your family's company, definitely not the Visions, and not yourself. Do you understand?" I see her clench her jaw and she swallows hard. She nods in agreement and we go back to kissing each other again until she pulls apart this time. I was a bit sad when she did but she was going to say something so I didn't mind.

"It's...It's just like this wave washing over me, again and again. It knocks me down, and when I try to stand up, it just comes for me again. And I...It's just gonna drown me." She whispered looking away from me. This was my Y/n. The one who couldn't ever look at me if she was admitting how she felt.

"My baby..." I whispered back trying to get her to look at me but she was refusing to. "Who is doing this to you? Please tell me." She sighs and her gaze goes back to the fire place.

"That day at the hospital..." she clears her throat and sits up a bit more but steadies my position holding onto my lower back. "...Bruce called me. The plane incident wasn't an accident. He had the cameras pulled and we couldn't tell who it was exactly. Apparently the Visions have someone working under their company and it's expanding more than just drugs now. These...higher ups are involved now, trying to pin the big guy down. They asked me to basically spy on Jarvis and his group to try to get more information on who they sell to and buy from. Since I'm 18 now, we're going to revisit things, but part of it was ending things with you. I needed you safe...I hope...I hope you understand." Of course I understood but she could've just told me. She probably knew better though because I would've told her no.

I lightly gasp to myself after hearing all of this. I didn't know how I was feeling because now I've mis read the whole situation. I really did think Y/n broke up with me because of her reputation growing and how she felt. She really sold it that night.

"And what about our friends?" I asked.

"You know how they are. If they knew, they would've tried getting involved too and I can't risk them. I know you're probably wondering why I couldn't just tell you...but babe I know you too. You would've stuck by my side and I don't want to drag you into this world. It's not safe..." Yep. She completely just read my mind.

"Exactly. It's not safe so why would you put yourself in danger?"

"Because I've been here before." She said quickly pressing her lips together trying to collect her thoughts. "That night at the hospital, I couldn't sleep when you fell asleep in my arms. Because I was so scared of not being able to protect you and keeping you safe. I thought your life would've been in danger being with me and then this opportunity came up for to help take their company down pinning whoever did all of this shit to my family. I couldn't risk something happening to you, so when I said yes to all of this, I had to let you go. Because...I thought that maybe if you were no longer with me, you would've been better off..."

"I only remember feeling completely alone. Empty. Endless nothingness without you Y/n." I said as I pressed my forehead against hers. "Safe or not safe, I can't lose you. Please don't ever break my heart like that again." I whisper to her. I feel her nod her head against mine.

"I'm sorry...please stay..." she whispered to me. "I miss holding you."

I smile at her, "since you asked, I'll stay. Plus I don't have a ride back." Which I see a small smile sneak on her face. Y/n sits up and fixes the pillow on the couch and lays down on her back while I climb on top of her. My head laid on her chest as her arms wrapped around me with our legs overlapping one another. I didn't care where we were. As long as I was with Y/n, all I knew was that my shattered heart was finally piecing itself together. I wasn't sure where things would go from here, but one thing I did know for sure was that I was not going to leave her side.