Space Colony Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh, honey, you know I love me more than I love you." Mr. Davenport says.

"Hey, what's this big bubble for?" Adam says, pointing to the large dome surrounding the area.

"It's not a bubble. It's a dome." Chase says.

"Don't care. Still wanna pop it." Adam says.

"Well, you can't. It protects everything in here from the planet's natural elements." Chase says. "Without that dome, there'd be no oxygen, and all the colonists would die."

"Donald, that sounds dangerous," Tasha says.

"It is. That's why I didn't tell these guinea pigs until after they signed their paperwork." Mr. Davenport says. He waves to the colonists who were staring at him. "Hi. How you doing?"

"I don't care if you're not the waiter. I want more space pancakes." Perry yells from across the room who is sitting at a table eating food.

"Perry?! What are you doing up here?" I say.

"Wherever the bus stops, I get off," Perry says, walking over to us.

"Forget that. How did you get here?" Mr. Davenport says.

"I snuck up here weeks ago with the rest of these bozos. I can blend in anywhere. I spent three months on the South Korean gymnastics team." Perry says.

"How dare you sneak up here uninvited?" Tasha says.

"That's Tasha, the one I was telling you about," Perry says, turning to one of the colonists who was holding a plate of pancakes.

"That's a new low. I've never been bad-mouthed on another planet before." Tasha says.

"Oh, I doubt that's true," Perry says before walking off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This command center is the electronic nervous system of Davenportia. From this chair, I can monitor all the activity in the colony." Mr. Davenport says as he and Leo stand in the command center.

"Man, you old people will do anything to just sit around and watch TV all day," Leo says.

"Love the colony, Mr. Davenport," I say as Adam, Bree, Chase, and I walk into the room.

"Thanks. This is just the beginning. Pretty soon, there will be Davenportias throughout the universe." Mr. Davenport says.

"I don't know if aliens exist, but if they do, they are gonna hate you," Bree says.

"I have a very important scientific question. While we're here, is it okay if I eat stuff off the ground?" Adam says.

"No." Mr. Davenport says.

"Okay. Follow-up question. How do I regurgitate stuff I've eaten off the ground?" Adam says.

"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Mature people don't eat stuff off the ground." Chase says.

"Mr. Davenport, you better get over here. I think we have a problem." I say as Bree, Leo, and I stand by the computer with concerned looks on our faces.

"Oh, no. The main communication satellite is down." Mr. Davenport says.

"What happened?" Chase says.

"I don't know. Something must've hit it. Asteroid, space debris. Now we have no way of communicating with the Earth." Mr. Davenport says. "I need you four to take the spacecraft out and repair the satellite. Leo and I will stay here and re-establish contact once it's up and running."