Chapter One - Harry

Start from the beginning

"English, and I'm taking the Author Class as well."

"Ah, so a writer," the man said.

"Yes—"

"Harry Styles!"

Harry looked back to see that his beverages had been put forward on the disk. "Thanks," he said, putting the money on the disk. He grabbed the two drinks, turning his attention back to the man. "Aren't you supposed to order?" It came out sounding more rude than Harry had intended. "Sorry, that was rude."

"I think the line began ignoring me the minute I began talking to you," the man chuckled, gesturing to the line. Harry hadn't even noticed how it had just moved around the two of them.

Harry scrunched his nose. "I'm sorry."

The man shrugged easily. "It's okay. I'm in no hurry."

Harry couldn't help but smile sheepishly. "So... what about you, then?"

"What about me?" the man asked, confused.

"What degree," Harry clarified.

"Oh, Fine Arts, with focus on photography. I'm in my third year."

"That sounds—" His words were cut off by the sound of his ringing phone. "Shit, sorry." He reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. It was Niall. He swiped to the right and held the phone to his ear. "Yes, Niall, I am on my way." He said the words before Niall even got a chance to say anything.

"Did you get something good?" Niall asked groggily.

Harry flashed a small smile in the man's direction. "I don't know, but I've been told it should be a good cure for hangovers."

The man bit slightly down on his bottom lip, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Are you on your way, then?"

"Yes, you ungrateful little shit," chuckled Harry. "I'm on my way." He hung up, stuffing his phone into his pocket. "Sorry, I really should get going." His heart sank slightly in his chest over the fact he would no longer be able to talk to the stranger.

"It's alright," the man said. "I guess I will see you around the school, then?"

"I guess so... Wait, what's your name?" Harry inquired to know.

"I'm Louis," he said. "And I figured your name is Harry, right?"

Harry nodded, smiling softly. "That's my name."

"Guess I will see you around, then, Harry," Louis said. "You should probably bring that to your friend." He gestured to the Ginger drink.

Harry grinned, butterflies basking in his stomach. "Yeah, I, um, I probably should. I'll see you, Louis."

He left the Starbucks, feeling light on his feet.

Autumn was in the air, leaves had fallen down. They crunched beneath Harry's feet as he walked. The wind whisked at his cheeks, making them rosy. A smile was blossoming on his face, butterflies basking wildly in his stomach.

His and Niall's apartment wasn't far away from the Starbucks. It was on the outskirts of Manchester, fifteen minutes away from the school by bike.

Harry and Niall had moved in just before school started. Niall had gotten a job at a pizzeria where he worked four days a week. Harry was still searching for a job, but it wasn't that needed yet, so he wasn't stressing. Too much.

He opened the door to their apartment building and stepped inside. He went up the two flights of stairs, and finally, stepped into his and Niall's home.