"I'm going to miss you Wednesday. I'll miss you creepy lifeless eyes waking me up every morning...It won't be the same without you." I squeeze her a little harder, my voice teasing. Her eyes aren't creepy or lifeless, they're beautiful and brooding.

"So I assume you'll be moving in with Yoko; leaving me in the past." Is that jealousy in her voice! Why does that make me happy and feel like preening?

"Not ever! What about you, will you forget about me?" My voice starts out string but then it fades away to a whimper. I don't want her to ever forget about me. Our kisses, our cuddles, our date, or friendship, our possible life together.

"Enid..The mark you have left on me is indelible. Anytime I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow or hear a pop song that makes my ears bleed, I'll think of you." She turns me around and stares into my eyes and I know she's serious. I hold her closer my tears wet her shoulder.

"I love you too." My voice is small but I feel her faintly stiffen before her arms wrap around me and I know she heard, and I know she loves me.

"I always believed relying on other people to be a sign of weakness, that inevitably they'd lead me to disappointment. Turns out I've been the disappointment." Her voice is soft, vulnerable. I look up from her shoulder to catch her eyes, they flicker.

"Are you kidding me? I've learned so much from you, part of it admittedly being criminal behavior, but most people spend their whole lives pretending to give zero f's and you literally never had an f to give. Any chance you have a plan to elude Weems?" I smile.

"Xaviar was right, the prophecy can't be fulfilled if I'm not here." She brakes from my embrace to hand me a drawing of her, that pilgrim dude, and the school burning.

"On a positive note, I got a text from Eugene's moms, he's awake, maybe Weems will let you visit before you head for the station." I give her shoulder one last squeeze as Thing snaps his fingers and motions to Wednesday that they need to leave. I quickly hid a thing of silvermoon nail polish and a pink wolf plushie in one of her suitcases. I give her one last hug and she walks out the door and I crumple up into a ball and cry.

I don't know how long I was crying, but the next thing I know my claws randomly start extending, I forgot about the blood moon, and Eugene calls.

"Hey Eugene..." I trail off waiting for him to talk.

"Is Wednesday with you?" Panic surges through me.

"No, she left this afternoon, didn't she visit you?" I try to keep a level voice.

"She and Weems left to confront Ms.Thornhill who they think is controlling Tyler." He starts to panic which does nothing to calm my nerves.

"Okay I'll check out the conservatory." I was about to hang up when Thing rushes in in utter panic. I throw my phone to meet him as he begins to rapidly sign.

"Slow down!" I urge it's no help if I can't understand.

"Principal Weems is dead? What about Wednesday?...Ms.Thorhill and Tyler took her to Crackstones crypt, what the heck. Who are the nightshades?" He signs Yoko so I quickly grab Yoko and beg for her to explain as we make our way to Crackstone's crypt.

"You were in a secret society and never told me?" I stare at Yoko waiting for a reply.

"It was a secrete." She shrugs, some bestie.

"How secret could it be when even Kent is apart of it?" I ask exasperated, but everyone ignores me.

"We don't want to cause a panic and alert Thornhill, so how do we get everyone out?" One of Yoko's friends says.

"We'll use our siren song to convince them." Convince them not to panic? To keep quiet? To turn a blind eye? Who are we convincing of what?

"Thing and I will go look for Wednesday." I wouldn't be much help in the siren song department.

"Okay, Nightshades forever." Bianca says and then everyone snaps.

"Seriously a secret snap too?" I look at Yoko in exasperation, she once again just shrugs, that's it. Wednesday is my new official secret keeper.

I'm running with Thing in the woods when I start wolfing out! I feel my ears and snout, after all this time I finally wolf out! But I will celebrate latter, I need to find Wednesday now.

The hyde, Tyler, is about to attack Wednesday when I tackle him. Wednesday escapes and I'm left to deal with an angry hyde. The new wolf vs the experienced killer hyde oh how perfectly planned this was. I'm held up against a tree, I think he's going to rip my throat out.

*gun shot*

"Tyler is that you?" The sheriff asks.

Tyler goes to attack the sheriff, his dad, so I tackle him again. Why am I playing hero today? I kick him into a grave, the grave breaks and he returns to his human form, his father holds him, and I grab Thing, we need to find Wednesday.

I'm covered in blood, and I don't know if it's mine or Tyler's. I cautiously approach the group of Nevermore students they part for me. I look at Yoko and Ajax.

"Where's Wednesday?" No one meets my eyes, so I begin to run back to the school. Suddenly Wednesday appears, I run up to her and hug her, she wraps her arms around me instantly and I know she's safe, we're all safe. I smile and hug her harder.

"I may need help washing the blood out of my hair." I whisper into her ear, she makes a sound like a laugh and pulls away. I beam brightly and she shakes her head. I kiss her lips and despite the blood and the crowd she kisses back. We walk hand in hand to our room. Thing trails behind though he might stay with Eugene for the night.