Chapter 23' Before He Cheats - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I won't be long, Steve, just going to run a quick errand."

He sighs very annoyed like, "you don't need to run a damn errand!" He snaps at you, "you're going to stay here, serving me dinner, and making sure your husband is taken care of," Steve doesn't look at you, instead begins his dinner.

"I hope you won't act so horribly in front of my new friend, because then I'll really be upset, Steven,"

You take your apron off, and march out of the kitchen, and into your room, Winnie following you.

Andy nervously bounces his leg, he keeps looking at the door watching people enter the shop.

Jake was at home, Andy wanted to call the sitter for him but Jacob went all teenager on him and very clearly explained why he was too old for a sitter. So, he's home alone now, since he's too old for a sitter.

Since he's sat down, a few college kids have entered speaking about midterms, a group of ladies from a book club arrived as well, and there was a first date happening one table away from Andy.

Andy watches the girl smiling and giggling nervously as they both ordered some coffee and whatever pastry, the guy would make her laugh and smile and the girl was eating it all up. Gentle caresses happened here and there, some smirks, and flashy eyes, pink cheeks - pure love.

All Andy has ever wanted was to do that with you.

Hold your hand out in public, kiss you in front of strangers, enjoy your presence in whichever restaurant. Although it wasn't like that, Andy did appreciate your private love, during secret getaways, hidden kisses and touches that only happened behind closed doors.

Never will he find someone like you, which is why he was so adamant about getting you back. He'll raise that baby, he doesn't care.

He'll co-parent with Steve and deal with him for years to come if it meant he'd be waking up beside you and to your beautiful smile everyday.

Half an hour goes by, an hour, two hours and a half, when Andy's heart breaks yet again, you weren't going to come. He can't keep hiding it anymore.

The barista has already come over three times to ask if he'd like to order. The college kids have studied and left, even the couple on a date were getting ready to leave.

Today was a failure, doesn't mean he won't stop trying to get you out of that marriage. If Andy had to keep trying he would, one day he'll live at peace with you, deep down inside he knows it.

He'll be able to kiss you whenever he wanted, and hold your hand in front of whoever.

Leaving a some money for the one coffee he order, Andy leaves it on the table and approaches the door, when a familiar face enters, "Mr.Barber."

Ruth smiles gently, she didn't expect for her new boss to be at a coffee shop, at this late hour.

"Ruth," Andy politely nods, she was holding a small baby in a carrier, he hasn't even gotten the time to know her, because if he's being honest he doesn't want to.

When he met you, he was in a dark time, in his life and in his marriage, he spent some time and long nights getting to know you and he fell hard for the woman you are.

Now, he's still in a dark time in his life, this time because of you, and he feels if he even opens up just a little bit to Ruth, Andy thinks he's forgetting about you or even replacing you and that he does not want.

"Bah, bah, bah," The baby mumbles, and stares up at Andy with big brown eyes, just as big as saucers, the child she was holding was beautiful.

"Um, this is Emma, my daughter." Ruth reveals, although she was a bit scared to. These past few days working with Andy, she has grown to learn he is very serious and even a bit grumpy.