1 - 6 . The monster in you

Start from the beginning

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

You reached for your food and found yourself staring at the bacon and eggs on your tray. You appreciated having them, but they were becoming extremely annoying to eat every day.

Glancing around the dining hall, you realized that most of your teammates were nowhere to be seen, except for Isagi and Igarashi, who were already preparing to leave. You took a seat in the corner, but hunger didn't seem to be your primary concern, despite the intense workout you had just endured. Instead, you just felt empty.

You couldn't help but shudder, recalling the previous night's awkward attempt to share a meal with the team. Half of them had either left abruptly, while the others had fallen into an uncomfortable silence or blatantly ignored your presence.

Resting your cheek on your hand and absentmindedly playing with your food, self-deprecating thoughts filled your mind. 'I'm pathetic,' you thought to yourself. 'What am I, emo? [b/n] would probably make fun of me right now.'

You had thought that this place would be like a super fun summer camp, where people came together to enjoy playing soccer. However, the reality was starkly different. It felt as though everyone here either disliked you or, at the very least, excluded you. They all shared laughter, trained as a group, dined together, and did everything together- just without you. You constantly felt left out, and it was weird. Maybe it was because you were a bit stinky, but in all honesty, most of them were in the same boat in terms of cleanliness.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

It was 1 a.m., and the sleeping chamber was quiet. Bachira had left a while ago and Isagi had gone off somewhere a few minutes, while everyone else was sound asleep. You gingerly lowered the blanket from your body, wincing as you felt the pain in your hip, a result of the injury you had sustained on the first day. Thankfully, nobody was sleeping on or near you, and you were conveniently situated closest to the door, making your exit easy.

You had decided that this late hour was probably your safest bet for a shower, as you suspected no one else would be using the facilities. You navigated the labyrinthine hallways, twisting and turning until you reached the bathing area. You looked around to ensure no one was present, particularly that bespectacled boy and began to undress. First, you removed your wrappings, followed by your shirt and pants. Carefully, you wiggled out of your attire, placing it in a locker along with your wig and hair net. You briefly glanced at the inviting warm tub but decided against indulging, not wanting to risk getting caught.

Sitting on a stool, you turned the knob, and a sigh of contentment escaped your lips as the hot water began to wash away the accumulated sweat from days of training. You lathered some soap on a loofah and began to scrub your body meticulously, ensuring that every part was thoroughly cleansed.

You rinse off the soap, making sure to thoroughly wet your hair and scalp. With a palmful of shampoo, you gently massage it into your scalp, using your fingertips to remove any dead skin. You repeat the process one more time and then apply conditioner to your hair, working it through the longer strands. After a thorough rinse, you turn off the water.

You grab a towel and begin to dry your body, using it to exfoliate any remaining dead skin. As you shift the towel to your hair, you realize you didn't bring any of your high-quality hair products with you, knowing your hair would be hidden most of the time. You make do with the products you brought from home.

Once you've dried off and applied the necessary undergarments, you put your clothes back on, along with your wig.

You left the bathroom and wandered aimlessly down the halls until the distant murmur of two voices caught your attention. As you followed the sound, you realized it was Bachira and Isagi engaged in a hushed conversation. You decided to discreetly hide behind a nearby wall, not wanting to get caught. You strained your ears, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"–you passed the ball to me," Isagi said.

"Yup," Bachira responded.

"Why did you think I'd aim for Kira?" Isagi asked.

You leaned in closer, a small grin playing on your face. 'Finally, something interesting,' you thought.

"Well. I guess it's because..." Bachira paused, and you leaned in further to catch the rest. "There's a monster inside of me."

You couldn't contain your amusement and snorted, inadvertently making a sound. With a gasp, you realize that they might have heard you. Panic surged through you, and you sprinted away from the scene, not daring to look back. "They heard, they heard," you muttered to yourself as your footsteps echoed down the corridor. "They probably think I'm a creep!" You mentally sobbed.

Returning to the sleeping area, you slowed your movements as you reached your futon. You wobbled your way back into it, being as quiet as possible to avoid waking anyone. You quickly fell asleep, facing away from the others.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"The results of the fitness tests have been assessed. Please return to your rooms and confirm the latest rankings." You placed a pillow on your head to try and stay asleep. "[l/n], please return to the monitoring room." Now you're up.

Getting up you noticed everyone was either eyeing their new ranking or staring at you. Eyes landed on your own body and whispers flooded the room.

"Maybe they're finally gonna kick him out, weirdo- ow!" Naruhaya was cut off with a strong grip on his shoulder from Kunigami.

"Don't. He's still our teammate." Kunigami whispered, eyeing you from the corner of the vision.

You tried not to meet the gaze of anyone in the room as you got up. "That food last night, huh? Think the bathroom's callin' me." You finally fled the room and kept your speed high as you speed-walked to the monitoring room.

"This is bad, this is bad," you mutter into your hands. "They know. Of course, they know!" You cry as you grip your shoulder turning to see your new rank. Your face dropped and it became pale.

"275."

"Shit."

«────── « Additional Time » ──────»

~Two nights ago~

"Hey, dudes. Mind if I join?" you smoothly slid into the seat between Kuon and Naruhaya, dropping your tray on the table, though your bottle momentarily teetered, causing a loud 'CLUNK.' You quickly caught it before any liquid could spill.

Your teammates responded with only annoyed looks or continued eating.

"Thanks," you said with an attempt at a cheerful tone, pulling your chair closer. "So those rankings were bogus, huh? I mean, [r/n]? Come on, that's ridiculous. Am I right? Am I right?"

Your smile slowly faded as the team remained unresponsive, their expressions blank.

In a quick attempt to change the subject, you added, "So that U-20 game, that should be interesting, huh?"

Kunigami looked intrigued and asked, "And why would that be interesting?"

"Well, my sister should be there," you began, "and she used to date that tool Itoshi Rin."

"Is your sister hot?" Naruhaya inquired without hesitation.

"Uhh... I guess so. She's got a great personality."

"Ahh."

"Eww."

Your face twitched, and you stared back down at your food.

"It's 19:02," Kunigami observed, checking the clock. Everyone immediately stood up from the table, and someone swiped your drink.

"All right, guys, catch up with you later."

It was only the second night, and you had eaten alone twice.