30.

Scarlet

"Did she just fucking pull my hair!" Scarlet heard Leila shout over the music, making her hurry to slide out of the booth with Deezy.

For the last two hours, they had been at the Underground. They all successfully snuck out and it seemed so had half the school. But with all the new rules and shit, everyone was tense. Leila has been in three different fights already and managed to break her cast but Scarlet was pretty sure she was getting it off in a few days anyway. 

Scarlet managed to only get in one fight without an injury but her brother on the other hand... he was currently nursing a black eye. He managed to get himself involved in one of Leila's fights, defending her when some random guy got involved.

"She didn't mean to," Kylo assured Leila, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her in place beside him as Scarlet and Deezy reached them.

"Maybe it's time to go home," Scarlet suggested to Lei as she looked at her with a drunk smile. "We can come back tomorrow night."

"No," Leila drawled, now pouting at Scarlet while leaning back into Kylo. "We're going camping tomorrow night."

"Wait what?" Scarlet questioned, baffled and confused by this sudden news. When the fuck did we agree to go camping?

"I'm guessing Theo didn't tell you," Declan sighed, looking at her and then Lei. "We're leaving tomorrow afternoon. All of us."

"Oh god," Scarlet mumbled, shaking her head. The last time she went camping was with Theo, Leila, and Drae. To say it was eventful was an understatement. "When was this all planned?"

"About two hours before we came here," Kylo answered, smiling down at Lei as she faced him, dancing without a care.

"I'll be back," Scarlet told them, turning around and walking back toward the booth where Theo, Blade, and Riddle were sitting. She still hadn't spoken to Riddle, and she didn't fucking feel like starting now. "When were you going to tell me about camping?" she asked her brother as she slid back into the booth beside Blade.

"That's what I was forgetting!" her idiot of a brother exclaimed, sliding a drink over to her.

She caught the drink, taking a sip while rolling her eyes at him. "Nice one, dumbass."

"When are we going camping?" Riddle asked, looking at Scarlet but she simply looked away, smiling up at Blade. "Still ignoring me, huh?"

Scarlet snapped her attention back to him without a smile as frustration from just his presence filled her body. "Still running away from your problems?"

"I didn't run away--"

"The twins lost Leila!" Enz shouted in panic as he stopped at their booth with Deezy. Scarlet looked at them with worry replacing her frustration. "She did a runner and we can't find her. Neither can Kylo or Drae!"

"She's not even that fast," Blade groaned, starting to move and Scarlet quickly slid out of the booth, stepping to the side to let him out as Riddle and Theo slid out on the other side. "Which way did she go?" Here comes 'Father Blade' mode.

"She ran toward the bathroom, but we searched through it," Deezy explained, looking pale as he looked at Scarlet. "She's more drunk than I've ever seen her, Scar. She mentioned her parents."

Scarlet's lips parted in shock and Theo wasted no time in sprinting away from them with Enz at the mention of Leila talking about her parents. "Did she say anything else?" she questioned him, putting the drink down.

"No, she just kept rambling about her mum and then she ran," he explained, and she started walking away with him, Blade and Riddle following them. "She's only mentioned her mum to us like twice before now."

"Yeah, that's because she hates remembering she even has a mother..." Scarlet trailed off as she saw a few people jogging toward the pits. "Oh, for fuck sake."

She started jogging in her damn heels, pushing past people and into the pits where she could hear cheers and bets being placed.

"Tonight, it seems Shadow has decided to fight again after her injury!" Dean shouted into the crowded room and Scarlet groaned loudly, pushing through people until she got to the edge of the pit, seeing Leila kick off her heels as Pansy fucking Parkinson stood opposite of her.

"No fucking way Pansy is fighting," Blade scoffed, stopping at Scarlet's side while Riddle stood behind her and Deezy stood at her other side. "Leila already broke her nose tonight. What else does she want broken? Her fucking neck?"

"It's entertainment at least," Riddle said, pulling out his wallet and walking away, no doubt to make a bet.

"Leila's too drunk for this shit," Deezy said, shaking his head as Leila smirked, looking Pansy up and down with a killer look in her eyes.

Scarlet didn't say anything as she slipped off her heels, handing them to Blade as he and Deezy silently watched and then she dropped into the pit. "Lei, what are you doing?"

Leila whirled around, surprised to see her but then she shrugs. "It seems Parkinson has a lot to say about my father."

Scarlet stepped closer, grabbing her arm to keep her in place before she started the fight. "So what? Just let it go and come back to the dance floor."

"No," Leila snapped, pulling her arm out of Scarlet's grip and starting to tie her hair back. "Today's his anniversary."

"Who's anniversary..." Scarlet trailed off as it dawned on her. Leila was more drunk than usual. She mentioned her parents. She was getting into more fights...Today was her father's death anniversary.

"Just let me do this," Leila argued, finishing her hair in a plat. "We've never liked this bitch and she wants to fight. Let me do this, Scar."

Scarlet hesitated, fighting within herself as she looked at her friend's state. Anger mixed with drinking never ended well, but how could Scarlet say no to her on a day like this?

"Fine," Scarlet gave in, looking at Pansy who was waiting impatiently with her nose swollen. "Make sure she learns a lesson." Lei nodded, cracking her neck.

Scarlet turned around, walking back over to the edge and Blade reached down, grabbed her hand, and he helped me up, right into Deezy's arms and for some reason, beyond her own knowledge, she fucking blushed as he placed his hands on her waist to steady her.

What the fuck...

"Let's get this started!" Dean shouted and Scarlet gave Deezy a small smile that he returned before she turned back around to the fight. "Round one!"

Deezy snaked his hand around Scarlet's waist as he stood behind her and she didn't push him away like she should. 

Instead, she embraced the butterflies erupting in her stomach as she leaned back into him.

-Author Note-

Deezy and Scar?!?!?!? I really am out of ideas and struggling with writers block😭😭 don't hate meeeee