And Then There Were Five

Start from the beginning

"Said the father to his four teenage kids," I say.

"Oh, come on. Have him visit. It'll be fun to have a little brother around." Chase says.

"Yeah, because Leo's just some meaningless dude who's been living in your house for years," Leo says.

"Thanks, Leo. Took the words right out of my mouth." Adam says, making Leo glare at him.

"So can we meet him?" Bree asks Douglas.

"All right. Fine." Douglas says.

"Yes!" Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and I say.

"Dude, it all makes sense now," Adam says.

"What does?" Douglas says.

"Why you had to make a third boy. You couldn't finish with Chase. You can't end on that." Adam says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Heads up, guys. Daniel should be here any minute." Douglas says as we all stand in the common room.

"All right. Since having all these new dads and brothers is getting confusing, I made a family tree; here's what I got. Chase, you are my wife." Adam just looked confused when he looked at his drawing which was just a bunch of scribbles.

"I wonder what Daniel's gonna be like. You think he'll have super strength like Adam? Ooh, or super speed like Bree? Or the ability to see into the future like Cassie?" Chase says.

"Or be a total disappointment like you. No offense, honey." Adam says, patting Chase's cheek. Chase slapped Adam's hand away while I laughed quietly.

"Oh, speaking of Daniel, there is one other little thing. He doesn't know he's bionic." Douglas says.

"Wh...what?!" Mr. Davenport says.

"Well, he has a chip like you four, but since he doesn't have a capsule, his bionics have never been activated," Douglas says.

"You didn't tell him he's bionic? You know, every time you say no secrets, another one pops up. And just when we were starting to trust you again." Mr. Davenport says.

"I don't trust him. Half those bracelets he's wearing are Tasha's." Bree says, pointing to the bracelets on Douglas' wrist.

"You can trust me. Oh, but before I forget, since everyone thinks Donny's your dad, let's just go with that and tell Daniel you're his cousins." Douglas says.

"See? More lies." Mr. Davenport says, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"No, he's telling the truth on this one, Uncle Mr. Davenport," Adam says.

"You know, I'm not the only person in this family who lies. You never told Leo you ran over his iguana, and replaced it with a robot." Douglas says.

"Iggy was a robot?" Leo says.

"Well, yeah. But...I mean, the fact that you didn't notice, you gotta respect the design." Mr. Davenport says just as the hydro loop arrives.

"Guys, he's here," I say.

"Whoa. Sweet digs." Daniel says as he steps out of the hydro loop.

"Hi, buddy. I'm your daddy, Douglas." Douglas says, tapping Daniel's nose.

"I know these pants are baggy, but does it look like I'm wearing a diaper?" Daniel says.

"Sorry. This is Adam, Bree, the twins, Chase and Cassie, and Leo." Douglas says.

"All right, time to drop the whole father-son reunion charade and admit the real reason why you're here...to meet your Uncle Donald." Mr. Davenport says. He shakes Daniel's hand.