Cameron steps out of my embrace, whooshing out a sigh. I keep my eyes trained on the floor. "I don't like this one bit," he says. "How the hell is he working with kids? The way he spoke to you that night..."

"He's changed," I start, then wince, realizing I sound like I'm defending him. "At least, I think. He claimed he went through counseling after I broke things off and decided to change career paths. He seems...better. Happier."

"I don't like this at all," he replies.

If roles were reversed, I know I'd react the same way. If Cameron had to work with Katie every day, I'd have an absolute refusal. I don't blame him for being upset. Lifting my eyes to his, I suck in a breath from how rigid he's grown. His knuckles are wrapped around the kitchen island, and his head is hung between his shoulders. All I want to do is find a way to ease the tension and make this situation better.

"I don't have to take the position," I say. "I can call them back, and—"

Cameron's head shoots up, seeming even more infuriated. "Are you insane? No way are you letting go of this opportunity. This is what you've worked your entire life for."

"I know, but I don't want you to be upset or stressed whenever I'm at the hospital or—"

"Mads." He pulls me back into his chest, and the warmth of his embrace settles my nerves. "I may hate that you're working with your ex, but I'd never ask you to give up this opportunity. It's only for six months, right? And I have enough faith in our marriage to know he's not a threat. However, if he tries anything, I expect you to give him a swift kick to the balls."

For the first time all day, I laugh, and it feels more than good. Lately, it seems as if life has been nothing but stress. I'm a planner, and when I can't see the future, it weighs on me. I haven't felt like myself since leaving for Germany, but now that I'm home with my family and have a job? Life seems to be paving a path, and the anxiety and stress I've had weighing on my chest melt away, leaving all those pent-up emotions to rush to the surface. In seconds, I'm a blubbering mess in Cameron's arms.

"I love you," I manage to say between breaths. "I love our partnership. I love how much we support one another. I know I'm crying, but it's because I'm happy. I'm back home with you, and I never have to leave your arms. Thank you for being so understanding about everything with Tre. You are the epitome of what a husband should be, and I just..."

I'm overwhelmed with all this love for him. This sensation of reassurance has my body buzzing with pleasure. I'm floating, and I want to show him just how grateful I am for this foundation he's given our family.

As soon as I regain composure, I sink to my knees at his feet, hearing a sharp intake of breath leave his mouth. His eyes are hooded with lust as he pieces together what I'm about to do, his hand reaching out to cup my cheek. "You don't have to," he says deeply, his voice sultry and smooth.

Pushing the band of his shorts and briefs down, his cock springs free, already hard for me. I wrap my hands around his length, dragging it down the ridges and veins and strumming my thumb across his tip, gathering the salty texture. He's in an utter daze when I place my thumb inside my mouth, sucking greedily to taste him, and then his hands weave into my hair, clenching tightly.

"My dirty fucking girl," he praises. "Look at you on your knees, about to suck my cock on the floor of our kitchen."

I'm squirming from the wetness already gathered between my thighs, and it's uncomfortable from the tightness of my dress pants. This isn't about me, though. It's about him, so I push my feelings of discomfort aside and wrap my lips around the head of his cock, taking it deep in my throat.

The sound he emits is more gratifying than it should be. "Fucking hell, Maddie." His eyes meet mine, and almost as if the pleasure is too much, he lets his head fall back instead, his eyes closed.

I take him deeper, gagging before I come up for breath. Then I add one of my hands to stroke his length while I wrap my mouth around the tip, dancing my tongue over the sensitive nerves. Cameron's hips are thrusting to meet my tongue, becoming more erratic as he fucks my mouth with a purpose.

"I'm going to fucking come," he groans. "Is that what you want, baby?"

I nod, my voice muted from the thickness of his cock. We've done this plenty of times over the years for him to know I'm perfectly fine with swallowing his release, and Cameron seems to realize that as his thrusts grow harder. My eyes are watering, my throat gargling spit as I try to take him, and when I think I'll need to come up for air, his body stills. A stream of cuss words falls off his lips as the salty liquid slides down the back of my throat.

"You are incredible," he says. After a few seconds, he pulls out of my mouth and lifts me into his arms so I'm straddling his waist. He wraps one hand around the back of my neck and pulls me in for a kiss, more than likely tasting his release, too.

"I wanted to relax you," I say. "Get rid of your stress the same as you did for me the other night."

"Well, it certainly worked."

"Good. Wait, what are you doing?" He spins around to set me atop the island, parting my thighs with his hand.

"You think you're going to dress like a sexy businesswoman in front of me and not have me fuck you senseless?" He pulls at the neckline of my blouse, popping open the buttons across my breasts. "This top was barely holding your tits in," he groans. "Fuck, that's hot."

I arch a brow, teasing the hell out of him. "What are you going to do about it, Holden?"

With a dark, raspy chuckle, I'm whisked away to the bedroom.