Prolouge

A little girl, with ginger hair and braids that covered her entire back peeked around the corner as she watched her parents talk to someone at the door. She looked at them curiously, wondering what was happening.
"Alright, thank you." Her father, Mike, said. The door closed and he looked down at something. Ashlyn took a closer look and realized it wasn't a something, but a someone. A little boy, with glasses and light brown hair. He nervously fiddled with his fingers.
"Ashlyn?" Mike said.
Ashlyn approached them both curiously.
Her mom bent down next to Ashlyn. "Ashlyn, meet Logan. He's going to be staying with us from today on."
"What? Why?" Ashlyn asked.
"He doesn't  have anywhere else to go right now." Mike explained.
Ashlyn frowned. "I don't want anyone else living with us."
Logan fiddled with his fingers more. "S-Sorry."
Ashlyn crossed her arms and looked at him judgmentally. Mike and Emma sighed.
"Don't be sorry kiddo." Mike said and ruffled Logan hair. Ashlyn frowned even more. Who did this kid think he was?
Emma, sensing her daughters evny, but her hand on Ashlyn's shoulder. "Ashlyn, I know this is hard, but please work with us here. He has no where else to go. And besides, maybe you'll like having a sibling?"
Ashlyn frowned. A sibling? Someone else in the house? She didn't want that.

Like having a sibling? She seriously doubted it.