he glanced through the side of his eye at tsukasa who was beet red. he stayed quiet though, he seemed to be thinking.

he is considering..

"doesn't that mean we have to.. you know.." the blonde trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck. "kiss..?"

"y-you've been pranked???!"

tsukasa frowned.

he could tell that rui was actually suggesting for them to do the challenge. it was not like he was against.. kissing rui or anything like that, but he knows it would be a bit embarrassing to do in public.

anyone can walk in at any given time, but if he is right, only shiraishi would check up on them before the bell rings.

"i don't mind..!" tsukasa said, trying his best to regain his usual self. "i would love to do the challenge with you! i will win!"

rui his eyes widened. slowly, he turned his head to look at tsukasa, trying to find any hint of hesitation. there wasn’t.

his heart might explode, the director thinks.

"did— did you see what flavor i have in my mouth?"

tsukasa shook his head 'no' and scooted closer to rui. their shoulders touched, and it felt a bit more intimate than it usually does.

"close your eyes."

tsukasa did as he was told and even covered his eyes with his hands. rui thought it was cute.

he sucked on the lollipop for a few seconds before using it as a sort of lip balm for his lips. when he was done, he placed the lollipop on the wrapper. he tapped tsukasa on his shoulder to let him know that rui had finished.

tsukasa uncovered and opened his eyes, which trailed immediately to rui his lips.

"are you sure, rui?"

"are you sure?"

tsukasa rolled his eyes, causing rui to let out a hearty laugh. he nodded as he puckered his lips slightly.

the star brought his hand on top of the director's shoulder for support before leaning closer. he closed his eyes to focus on the taste and not on how gay this was.

'it is not gay if it is a game.' he thinks as their lips touched.

deep inside he knows that it is not a heterosexual act and that he will do an 'am i gay?' quiz after their sleepover.

he pulled away and licked his own lips. he didn't taste much, so he pressed their lips together again. this time he lightly sucked on rui his under lip.

tsukasa backed off again. "is it.. vanilla?"

rui shook his head.

tsukasa leaned in and instead of kissing him, he licked the other's lip a few times before he went back to thinking again.

rui felt like he might explode along with his heart. he took a deep breath to calm himself. "do you need me to apply more?"

tsukasa nodded and closed his eyes again.

rui brought the lollipop to his face again and repeated the action he had done beforehand. he kissed the lollipop a few times before letting it rest on top of the wrapper again to avoid it getting dirty.

feeling a bit daring, he brought tsukasa his face closer by pulling him with his hand by his chin closer.

tsukasa didn't mind it though and waited patiently for their lips to touch again. this time it felt more like a real kiss. an actual kiss. a real— super real kiss.

perhaps it is a new technique of tsukasa's but his lips moved and rui's copied the move. it was a slow pace along with a bit of tongue to get the taste right.

in his mind, tsukasa tried to convince himself that this is purely to get the taste right and not because he is into rui.

he isn't.

he cannot be. he is only into girls, he even had a crush on one in middle school.

"mm." tsukasa pulled away. "strawberry-vanilla." he said with confidence.

"yay!" rui cheered. "it's my favorite."

tsukasa's eyes widened slightly. "it is? i thought you'd like the cola ones more."

"i like those too, but the strawberry-vanilla has a soft taste to it."

tsukasa let out a soft 'oh', he looked over to the lollipop on the ground. rui got the indirect request and gave tsukasa the lollipop to taste.

tsukasa put it in his mouth. rui couldn't help but feel flustered at the lack of hesitation. tsukasa genuinely seemed unbothered by this.

"you're right! it does have a soft taste." tsukasa said as he gave the lollipop back. "i like it as well."

rui hummed and slowly put the lollipop back in his mouth.

——
1387 words