day 1

laughter surrounds room. i have no idea how he does but every single time he always manages to make everyone in the room laugh. and his smile is the most beautiful thing i see.

ഒ ﹅ꕤ⌗⋆ ๑ꕤꮺ

in the front if the room, he's  always surrounded by people. people always crowding around him, listening to his jokes.

while i just watch from the back of the classroom hearing the distant noise of laughter.

my friend tap my shoulder as i return to reality.

"lets go to the cafeteria?" my friend, sumin, asks me.

i nod and i get up. linking my arm with sumin i lean my head on her shoulder. a sigh leaves my mouth with hints of exhaustion and confusion.

"what's wrong?" she asks.

"nothing, just tired" i try to reassure her. not really believable but i tried.

to my luck, she just nods. she knows that nothing will come out if she just pushes the subject.

arriving at the cafeteria we head towards the store with snacks. i wasn't hungry so i just grab a small cookie with a drink. after paying, we sit at the bench outside. sumin is talking about what happened in class but my focus is transferred to a familiar laugh. i turn my head and i spot his addictive smile. he and his group of followers pass by where we were sitting and i swear my heart skipped a beat.

my eyes follow where he's going. sumin pauses seeing that she's lost her friend's attention.

"hey!" she waves her hand in front of me. "are you listening?"

"huh what happened?" i asked confused.

"i asked if you wanted to study together after class?" her eyebrows knit, confused why i was so out of it.

"yea sure. where we going?" i give her a smile reassuring that she has my full attention.

"cafe maji?" she ask for confirmation.

i give her a nod. i lift my phone from my table to look at the time. 1:17 pm. it was time to go back to class. as sumin and i finish out snacks, we stand up to go throw away our trash. after, we make our way back to the classroom. sitting in another boring lecture, i scroll through my phone to kill my boredom. my phone buzzes as i see a notification from my messages. "can you pick up mirae from school today? something happened" the message read. i send a quick "sure" before returning to my story.

as the teacher dismisses the class i quickly pack my things and head to sumins desk, prepared for her disappointment.

"hey im sorry im gonna be late to the cafe thing, i have to pick my little sister..."

i give sumin a frown, hoping she would understand. to my surprise she chuckles and gives me a warm smile.

"its fine!" she reassures.

after our goodbyes, i make my way to mirae's school. having my airpods play music helped with the short walk to her school. 10 minutes later, i arrive at the gate of her school. when all the students come out i lift my head from the tiny screen. a smile grows in my face as i see my little sister. i squat to reach her level and give her a hug.

"hey how was school?" i ask her as i let go of the hug.

"it was fun!" she replys. "is it okay if we can wait with my friend?" she looks up at me with her big eyes and how could i say no. shes so cute. after hearing my approval, she calls her friend over and introduces her.

"her name inhyeon!"

"hi!" her friend waves. and i wave back at her.

"my name is haneul! nice to meet you" i offer a warm smile.

"is it ok if we wait at a cafe?" mirae asks tugging on my hand. i nod pulling out my phone. i send a text to sumin letting her know i had to cancel. putting my phone away i hold both of the girls hand. as we make our way to the cafe, i ask about their day.

not long after, they arrive at the cafe. we find an empty seat and take a look at the menu. the little girls wanted a cake so i got that as well as drinks for all of us. soon after placing our order, the buzzer lets us know our food was ready. watching the girls dig into the cake like there was no tomorrow, a smile grows on my face. watching the girls, i never noticed a familiar figure go through the door.