Junkyu hated Jihoon's smile. He loved and hated it dearly.

Despite his heart telling him to just go and be with his friend again, Junkyu took the choice of always avoiding Jihoon the best he could, often telling himself it was for the best.

It took about a year when Junkyu finally noticed the effects of his choices and decisions. It started one morning when Junkyu woke up without Jihoon's usual voice waking him. At that time, it felt so unreal. He stayed in bed waiting for Jihoon, but he never came. From that day on, it all stopped. The greetings, the presence, the warmth, the attention and the smiles, they were gone. He spent a day crying at the cove they found together. They barely started making and shaping the cove to be their very own space and now their plans were left just as plans.

Junkyu gritted his teeth and slapped himself in the face. Here he was again, the nostalgia was painfully annoying.

"Jihoon, I'm sorry." He whispered to himself in his room.

Junkyu decided to stop reminiscing the memories right there. The nightmare he woke up from was enough of a reminder of his...He didn't want to dwell on it right now. The fire happened five years ago along with the drift between him and Jihoon. He wanted to know if Jihoon had grown tired of chasing him, had he grown tired of Junkyu avoiding him? Well, Junkyu knew he didn't deserve an answer and simply told himself to move on just as how life goes on.

After a long time of sitting and contemplating in his bed, he slowly came to his senses when he heard screams and roars from outside the house. He recognized the familiar scent of fire heavy in the air. Junkyu gulped down the lump that formed in his throat. He quickly got out of his bed to get dressed. When he looked out his bedroom window the sky was still dark, it was still too early in the morning. The sun had yet to touch the sky. But from a distance in an area of the village with the most people, there were hues of orange seeping onto the black sky. Junkyu knew immediately what it meant and shut his window close. He quickly ran downstairs.

There was a dragon raid happening right now.

Junkyu made his way to the front door of their house and opened it only to slam the door shut again just right before he was burnt to a crisp by the hot, flaming heat of a dragon's fire.

"Dragons." Junkyu muttered with a shaky breath while he kept the door shut.

He waited and listened. The flapping sounds of the dragon's wings soon faded into the distance, and that's when Junkyu knew it was safe to go out. He opened the door once again and saw the aftermath of where the dragon's fire hit the house entrance. Their door was now scorched black, with a few traces of embers still aglow. It should be replaced as soon as the dragons stop attacking their village and stealing their livestock.

Junkyu dashed out of his house and into the chaotic world of an early morning dragons raid, the usual routine from time to time. He ran past and evaded screaming warriors carrying different sharp weapons. A man fell to the ground a right in front of him and he had to jump over while ducking down again to avoid running into a thick log carried by two men passing his way. Junkyu continued his way into the crowd, getting his scrawny self continuously shove over by others whom were all too busy attacking back at the dragons.

"Mornin!" One villager greets him.

"What are you doing here?" Another asked him.

"Get inside!" Another villager said.

"What are you doing outside?" screamed one of the villagers he passed by.

"Get back inside!" shouted another villager.

Junkyu simply ignored them all. He was used to it. He proceeded running along the way only to have the collar of his shirt be grabbed from behind by someone with extreme strength. Junkyu would have complained for the action almost choked him but seeing as how he was actually saved from being burnt on the way by a Draco Ignis firing down with its blazing breath on the way, he kept his mouth shut.