Chapter 8

Final Selection
-swearing
-gore
-blood
(Play the song when I say/ or put the symbol 🎸)

Final Selection-swearing-gore-blood (Play the song when I say/ or put the symbol 🎸)

TANJIRO POV
—————————————————————————————————————-

The reason I won... was because I learned to detect the scent of the opening thread.

When I'm battling someone and I pick up this scent, then I can see the thread.

The thread is connected from my blade to my opponent's opening, growing taut the instant I see it.

My blade is drawn toward it with great force, and then I slash the opening.

Y/n had succeeded in cutting her's and now we will both go to final selection together.

She looked so cute when she was proud or happy in herself or others. As a matter of fact she always looked cute.

I dropped my Katana to the ground and ran up to her, giving her a long awaited kiss which she returned.

I haven't seen her in 6 months ever since Sabito took her away to train with him. Those 6 months felt like hell without her by my side, I refused to ever give up as I had to keep going for her, for Nezuko, for Takeo, for Lynx and for everyone of my family who are dead.

For as long as Y/n, Takeo, Nezuko and Lynx breathe, I will never give up. Never.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3RD POV
—————————————————————————————————————-

In the forest. Tanjiro and Y/n have cut their boulders in half successfully.Urokodaki walks toward them.

"Mr. Urokodaki..." They both said as he walked towards them.

"I had no intention of sending you to the Final Selection. I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice these boulders, but." He paused and placed his hand on their heads, patting them gently.

"Well done, my children. Tanjiro, you're... a remarkable kid. And Y/n you're a beautiful and independent woman and I'm proud to call you my daughter."

Urokodaki pulls them into a hug and allows them to cry into his chest, gently shushing them.

"Make sure you come back alive from the Final Selection. Both your sister, brother, Lynx and I will be waiting for you here for you." He cried to them.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
At Urokodaki's hut. Urokodaki is preparing dinner for them as Y/n and Tanjiro dress into their bedtime clothes.

"Wow... What's the occasion? There's so much." Tanjiro asked him as he walks out of his room, Y/n walking out of her's, looking at all the food that he prepared for them.