Chapter 27: The Proposition

Start from the beginning

"Oh...hello." I say awkwardly as I close the door behind me.

"Y/N Nash." She says as she reaches out her hand to shake mine. I reach out to shake hers as well, "that is me..."

"We're sorry to hear about your loss. I'm Agent DeWolff and this is my second in command Agent Knight, the rest here is our team." I nod my head in acknowledgment to all of them.

"Mr. Wayne had supplied us with the security surveillances of the night before the takeoff. Unfortunately we were not able to indicate who it was with the masks covered along with the blocked license plates on the vehicle. But we have a proposition for you..."

I cross my arms and sigh looking at them then to Bruce.

"How close are you to the Visions?" Agent DeWolff questioned.

I scoff, "not close at all. Their son and I go to the same school and that's about it."

"We know that's not the whole story Nash. This will not work if you're not completely honest with us." I swallow hard as she knew I was lying.

"Um...there was a past incident with someone who I was romantically involved with." I said looking down at my feet.

"We understand that it is hard to talk about but..."

I interrupt her with no thought in my mind with only Hazel, Harley and my parents, "so what's your proposition?"

"My team and I need an insider for the things the Visions have. Some of my team members will be going in as new people for the Vision's company, but we all know another ally that they have." She lays a picture of Jarvis in front of me on the table.

"Why would you need me to do this? Couldn't you just get one of your younger folks to disguise himself as a new student?" I said chuckling to myself the situation.

"Y/n they are after your family's company. Given that they own a security company and can manipulate the system itself we need more of an inside scoop of what goes down with the younger kids on the ground as well, not just through the web. They have someone big with their company and smaller ones working for them. We need your help with Jarvis and his group to see what they're up to."

"I'm not getting involved with that stuff again..." I defended not wanting to result back to who I used to be.

"We know you Y/n Nash. Not just from the publications of the news and what not. We know you're an intelligent student. From your SAT scores almost scoring a perfect score. You've been an athlete your whole high school career and you're pretty popular around the kids. We get it if you and Jarvis never got along, but this could be the way to end them."

"Well, that stuff is all googleable so..." I clear my throat as I realized I was being a smart ass. "So where were you all when all of these things were happening before?" I questioned.

"We never saw it pass their security law firm until one day we caught something that they messed up. And with his father running for Mayor we knew we had to intervene. If you go in this, you won't be charged for anything you do with them knowing if you have to blend in. We've been trying to track the originals but it takes time with their encryptions. Sometimes it leads to something or to a dead end."

"So you want me to join Jarvis and his little precious group?" I say chuckling looking over to Bruce who has no comment.

"Y/n...you know Jarvis better than any of them." Bruce commented. "Hazel and I were working on the case as well on our own terms but now they're involved. If anything happens, I will have Matt Murdock help you."