♧Too High to be Reached♧

[Wanderer X Reader]

Since the region called fontaine was discovered, I as a traveler are definitely looking forwards exploring the region in order to find a lot of new material and artifacts.

"You gotta be kidding me...!" Unfortunately for me fontaine is not a region that could be explored without breaking a sweat. There's a luxury chest right on top of the huge building. there's now way I can get up there, Which force me to let out a groan in annoyance.

I could hear my partner or should I say my company snickering at my struggling as I attempt to climb up the building to reach the top and Failed. Annoyed, I shoot a glare at him "I swear to Barbatos. Shut your Mouth and help me...!"

Of course, like I expected the response from him "Bold of you to request my assistance... No" without any hesitation nor regret, my request were instantly turned down. Slightly disappointed I could only rolled my eyes as before resuming my struggle to climb up since I really craved for the primogems and mora inside the luxury chest.

Thankfully, I actually succeeded reaching the balcony half way up. Though I paused in my track first to catch my breath before sticking my tongue out at him who's still down there not having any intention to climb up like me.   "Bleh...! And don't expect me to split the mora and primogems...!" I have my right to claim all the primogems and mora since he didn't want to help at all.

"Hmph... who said you're gonna be the one who get the primo and everything...?" In a mocking tone he used his own elemental skill called 'Hanega: Song of the Wind' allowing him to ascend upward in a blink of an eye "Pathetic."

He mocked at me just because he has that elemental skill which made it  easy for him to reach the luxury chest, Irritated by his behavior I groaned in annoyance as I complained "That's Unfair...!"

he laughed as he continued ascending upward leaving me behind, not wanting to lose, I immediately begin to climb to the top of the building again in a fast pace not bothering to watch my step carefully any longer. Sure enough one of my foot slipped for being to reckless resulting my body to lose it's balance causing me to fall backwards. "...?!" Preparing for the worst, I shut my eyes tightly as I fell.

But the pain in fact never came, instead I feel a pair of arm wrapped around me. Curious what prevented me from falling, I slowly opened my eyes only to meet his which is staring back at me. "You alright...?" Even though his tone is stern there's a Hint of concern in it.

Embarrassed and happy at the same time, I mumble a small thanks at him for saving me from taking any fall damage. "Thanks..." even though there's no mirror, I could feel my blood rushed up my face before hurriedly averted my gaze away from him.

We're both mid air, as he remained silent after a couple of seconds we finally reached the top of the building, and there it is the luxury chest. He carefully lowered me down allowing me to stand up on my own. "..." I could swear that when he lowered me down his face were also reddish like mine.

As soon as he set me down onto the ground, I shake my head to shook of the Embarrassment before hurriedly return my attention on the luxury chest that I'm targeting in the first place. "Right...! The chest...!" Just when I was about to walk over to the luxury chest, someone suddenly grabbed my hand from behind which I already knew who is it.

Before I knew it, my body was yanked backward and a pair of arm wrapped around me, embracing me from behind. "Idiot..." a small grumble left his lips as he embraced me a lil bit tighter. It seems like he doesn't want to admit that he's really worried about my safety which earn a soft chuckle from me. "Ahaha..."

Somewhat annoyed but happy at the same time, he raised one of his arm that are embracing me before he ruffled my hair, messing up my hair. "Wha-...?! Stop that...!" Shocked I swiftly swatted his hand away attempting to stop him from messing up my hair, sadly his hand wouldn't budge instead it got worse as he laughed at my reaction.

At the end... my attention was fully on him, completely forgetting the primogems and mora inside the luxury chest that are near us. Though deep inside I was indeed enjoying every single moment when spending time with him...