Chapter 4- Planning the take down.

Start from the beginning

"Morning, Prez!" Butcher said, as he entered the kitchen.

"Morning! Where's Margie?" Prez asked.

"I didn't realize we were almost out of eggs and bread, so she had Jake take her into Walmart to pick up some more. The chicken farm can't deliver until this afternoon and I need eggs for breakfast. Having so many extra mouths to feed eats through my stores faster than I'm used to. It's been a long time since there have been so many mouths to feed." Butcher said as he laid strips of bacon in a pan.

"Mr. Butcher, if you need help in here, please don't be shy about asking. We may not be used to cooking for as many people as you do day in and day out but we can help out in here." Amanda said as she entered the kitchen and headed for the coffee pot.

"Good morning. You're up early." Prez said.

"Good morning. I'm used to getting up early. Michael always expected his breakfast to be ready as soon as he woke up and if I wanted to eat, I had to eat before he left or I would have to do without." Amanda said with a snap to her tone and when she realized she had snapped at him said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. I didn't sleep well last night and I guess I woke up a bit cranky this morning. Can I help with breakfast?"

"Sure. I'm going to make pancakes for breakfast so you can help me mix up the batter. I'll have to wait for Margie and Jake to get back with the eggs to make the scrambled eggs." Butcher said.

"And no need to apologize for not sleeping well. You aren't the only one." Prez said. "Let me know when everyone is down here, please, Butcher? I'm calling for church as soon as breakfast is over. I'll be in my office."

Prez couldn't help but wonder why Amanda was not sleeping well but didn't want to ask her in front of an audience. Was she dreaming about her soon to be late husband and what he had put her through? That thought made him feel angry and he was anxious to end him and hopefully give her some peace of mind.

"Sure, Prez." Butcher answered as Prez left the kitchen. He passed things to Amanda so that she could begin the pancake batter and they worked together quietly, making only minimal small talk, mostly Amanda asking Butcher about how long he had been with the club and how long he had Margie had been married, etc.

Butcher had a feeling she was trying hard to keep him from asking questions about her. While she worked on the pancakes, he went to set up the warming pans and they were almost done when Margie and Jake came back.

"Wow, I go out for an hour and come back to find out I've been replaced by a sexy, young brunette." Margie teased.

"Baby, you know no one can ever replace you! Amanda just needed to beat up some batter this morning. Better it than someone." Butcher said as he picked up his wife and kissed her soundly.

"Been there! You are welcome to come beat up as much batter as you want any time you want, hon." Margie said. "Butcher knows what would happen to him if I ever caught him fooling around on me."

"Thanks. I think I've worked out at least some of my frustration." Amanda said. "Is there anything else I can help with?"

"Nope. Go make yourself a plate. I'll bring you some eggs in a minute." Butcher said.

Amanda walked back over and refilled her coffee cup and then left the kitchen. She made herself a plate with pancakes, sausage, a couple of strips of bacon and went to sit down near the patio doors where she could look outside.

"Who has her frustrated?" Margie wanted to know as soon as Amanda left the kitchen.

"Prez, I think." Butcher said.