"No but you're right, I showed a lot of restraint." She smirked.

"I bet you'd burn down the school if Jennie asked you too." Ella teased as she took a seat, and another strawberry.

"Uh, yeah." Lisa grinned, voice high in mock surprised. Lucas laughed as the two girls also broke out laughing.

"Let's not burn down the school for any reason." Dad reappeared in the kitchen, a smile on his face and the previously mentioned digital camera in his hands. "Now how about a picture? Not every day one of my kids graduate."

"Hey, I'm graduating too!" Bambam protested, ducking under Dad's arm as he entered the kitchen, pouting. Dad laughed.

"I was just taking some early ones Bambam, thought we had another hour before you decided your hair was ready."

The other three kids laughed as Bambam made an expression of mock offence and took his seat at the table.

"Besides, we weren't worried about your chances." Lucas stage-whispered to the other boy and Ella and Lisa both sent him matching sneers. He shot them back a grin.

"Now how do I..." Dad was saying, frowning down at the little screen on the back of the camera. The flash went off and he blinked with a start. "Oh, there we are. Alright kids, one of the scrapbook."

Thirty minutes later, dressed up as well as they could be, they were all cramped into Dad's truck, jostling along the road as they suffered through Dad's heinous music on the long, way fucking long, drive to the garden pavilion centre thing the school was holding it's graduation ceremony at.

As Dad pulled into the field/parking lot, Ella gave Lisa a nudge.

"Ready?" She asked

"To get this over with?" Lisa grinned back. "Fuck yeah."

"Noooooo." Ella grinned wickedly as Dad shut off the engine and he and Lucas opened the doors to fresh air and freedom. "To see your girlfriend."

Lisa grimaced. "Don't say it all weird, you're making it weird."

Ella just laughed as they exited the back of the truck, Bambam shaking his head and tsk'ing as he did so.

"I still can't believe you went and bagged yourself a Princess." He said, mockery and affection in his tone. He let out a wistful sigh. "Living the dream."

"She's not a princess." Lisa corrected, eyes darting to the other cars and families parking and walking up to the tent at the centre of the garden. "And keep it down, alright?"

"You can tease Lisa all you like after we get the diplomas and at least one good picture, deal?" Dad said, large hands spread wide as he moved to herd then forward.

They walked up to the registration table, giving Bambam and Lisa's names and receiving the gowns and hats. As they stood to the side to put them on, Ella hummed and looked around the field, the tent, the makeshift stage and the rows of folding chairs.

"Alright, let's get this over with." Bambam whistled as he tried to fit his hair under the cap without damaging it too much. He shook his shoulders under the loose gown, looking like a complete dork.

Lisa walked up behind him and flicked the cap off. He caught it in mid-air and reached over to knock over Lisa's. She ducked, laughing slightly as his attempt failed.

Dad cleared his throat and both teens stopped goofing off, the family beginning their walk towards the chairs. Lisa walked up beside Ella, gave her a nudge with her elbow, and the two of them smiled at each other.

And then Lisa perked up like a cat hearing a can opener, looking across the field. Ella followed her line of sight to see two extremely looking posh adults talking with Mr Kwon by the far end of the student seating, between them the dark-haired beanpole that Ella regretted owing her life to, Jennie Kim.