Chapter 14: Nezuko

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Who's that?" (Y/n) thought as Tanjiro stepped out of the hut as he had also heard the sound of wind chimes.
"Who is that person?"
"Dunno."

The figure stopped in front of them as he inspected the teenagers for a few moments before speaking up. 
"I'm Haganezuka," he identified himself, "(Y/n) (L/n)'s and Tanjiro Kamado's swords are ready. I came here to deliver them."

"Oh, nice to meet you, Haganezuka-san!" (Y/n) bowed, her beautiful (H/c) hair falling beside her face, drawing Tanjiro's attention.
"She's so pretty!"

"I'm Tanjiro Kamado, and this is (Y/-"
"This is a Nichirin blade," Haganezuka interrupted the boy, "I've forged this sword."

"Well..." Tanjiro looked at the man with dotted eyes, "I'll make tea now. Please come in-"

"The raw materials of a Nichirin blade are mined from the mountain nearest to the sun," he interrupted again, "Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand and Scarlet Crimson Ore. Thus, the forged steel can absorb sunlight," the man said, pointing to the sun, as Tanjiro's sweat dropped while (Y/n) listened intently to what Haganezuka was saying, interested.
"I-I see. Now, can you please co-"

"That's because Sunlight Mountain is perpetually bathed in sunlight throughout the year. It doesn't rain or snow on the mountain..."

"As always..." Urokodaki sighed, listening to Haganezuka's spiel from inside the hut, "This guy never listens."
"It's dirty. Can you stand up first?" muffled voices came inside the house.

Just then, Haganezuka brought his face very near (Y/n), making her take a step back. "Aren't you the daughter of Mei (L/n)?"
"Uh... yes. You know my mother?"

"That's a good thing. Maybe you'll manage to become a hashira in the future if you carry her genes."
"Ah, I hope so!" 
"Maybe at this rate, your sword will turn bright red!" he exclaimed, dragging the teenagers into the hut.

🎇

The duo sat beside each other as they held their newly forced swords in their hand, still in the shield.
"Alright. I want to see what colors your swords turn to. UNSHIELD THE SWORD!!" he shouted.
"Okay, okay!"

The girl looked at Tanjiro and nodded. She gulped in nervousness as they both unsheathed their swords simultaneously.
"Woah..." Tanjiro's sword turned swiftly into a black color.
"Mine's taking time to turn into a color..." (Y/n) looked at her sword. "Wait... it's turning into a golden color!"

"WHAT?" the older men exclaimed at the same time

"What?"

"I shouldn't be surprised... After all, you both are wonder children..." Urokodaki mumbled.
"What do you mean?"
"Is something wrong with a black sword!?!" Tanjiro panicked

"No, it's nothing like that. It's really rare to see a pitch-black sword, that's all. And as for you, (Y/n), this is the second time I've seen a golden-colored sword." 
"Really? Who was the first one?"

"Your mother."
"Oh..." (Y/n) looked at her golden sword, smiling. "Maybe that means I'm on the right path."

"I THOUGHT I COULD SEE A BRIGHT RED SWORD!!!" Haganezuka screamed as he jumped on (Y/n) and Tanjiro, "I'M PISSED!"
Haganezuka chased the duo out of the hut. "UROKODAKI-SAN, HELP US!!"

"CAW! CAW!" a crow appeared outside the hut. "Tanjiro Kamado. (Y/n) (L/n). You both have been assigned a mission!" the crow talked.
"WHAT? THE CROW IS TALKING!?!" the girl exclaimed.

"Make haste to the northwestern town. Young girls have been vanishing there. That is your both's first mission. Caw!" 

"Our first mission..." Tanjiro gulped.

🌺

Thank you all for reading this and I hope you liked this chapter. Have a nice day/night everyone and take care :) ❤