The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

That is until more screeching of bats are heard in the distance. Another large group of bats begin to fly in.

"You were saying?" Robin asks me.

"The woods. Come on." Nancy says as she begins to run towards them. 

I like that idea better.

I quickly put out my flames, grabbing Steve's hand and pulling us into a sprint.

"Great. More running." Robin says as she catches up to us. 

**

We made it to Skull Rock just in time to hide underneath and away from Vecna's bats. I sit in front of Robin, Eddie, Nancy, and Steve as they sit further back into the corner, under the rock. The bats screech as I watch a giant group of them fly overhead, missing us. 

"Okay." I say, stepping out from underneath the rock. "That was close."

"Yeah. Too close." Eddie says.

"Oh, sh-shit." I hear Steve say from behind me causing me to turn around, only to see him leaning against the rock for support. 

"Shit." I say and quickly rush over to him.

"Steve?" Nancy says, following me.

"Jesus." I say as he stands back up, clutching his sides.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Steve says as we look down at his wounds that are covered by his hands.

"No, no, no. No, you're not. You're losing blood." I tell him, seeing the fresh blood smeared on his stomach. "Come on, sit." I say and help him sit down. I hold onto his arms and we squat down together. "Careful, careful-"

"Ah." He grunts in pain as he sits down and leans back against the rock.

"All right, let me look." 

Steve removes his hands, revealing the gashes. 

"Oh..." Robin says and squats down beside me. "Okay. So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a common symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know."

"Robin." Steve whimpers out.

"Yeah?"

"I kinda wanna punch you." He chuckles followed by a hiss, "Ow." 

"Sorry." I whisper, now done examining his wound. "Does anyone have something I can cover these up with?" I say gesturing to Steve.

"No, sorry." Robin says sadly. 

"Uh..." Eddie says as he pats himself down. "No, no, I don't. Sorry, man."

"Here." Nancy's voice says from behind me and her hand shoots out, next to my face. She's holding the bottom half of her sweatshirt in her hand. 

I turn around and smile a little at her as I take it from her, "Thank you." I say quietly and turn back to Steve. "Okay." I say to Steve and hold out the fabric. 

Steve lets out a small groan as he sits up, raising his arms behind his head. 

"Okay, okay. You ready?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yeah. Just do it." He chokes out.

I reach forward, wrapping the piece of Nancy's sweatshirt in front of his stomach, over the wounds. Reaching the back, I switch hands with the fabric and pull it snug, causing Steve to wince.

"Sorry." I whisper and bring the ends of the fabric to the front of him, tying it and Steve lets out another grunt. "Too tight?" I ask, looking up at him this time.