006. sex talk

"Did you catch us a case?" Dean asks, walking into the library.

"Uh, no. Get this. Some dude took a picture of a weasel riding a flying woodpecker. Midair. It's kinda nuts." Sam says.

"It's amazing." Carly grins from her seat next to her father. Sam quietly laughs at her excitement.

"So, I'm guessing there's nothing on the Amara meter either." Dean says.

"Uh, no. I'm starting to think that God's psycho sister has gone to ground. What about you? You hear from Cas?" Sam asks.

"No. He said he was working on something to draw her out, but... it's been radio silent since he was here." Dean says.

"Yeah. All this quiet's starting to wake me up." Sam says. Dean pulls some takeout food of the bag and puts it on the table.

"What the hell is that?" Sam asks, looking at the sandwich.

"That? That's the Elvis." Dean states.

"Elvis?" Sam asks.

"Mm-hmm." Dean nods.

"Is that a--?" Sam lightly touches the "bread."

"That's a glazed donut." Dean informs.

"Yeah." Sam wipes his fingers clean.

"Two, actually. One topside, one on the bottom. Now, your inferior versions, they'll just take one donut, split it right down the middle. Mm-mm. Boom!" Dean blows an air kiss.

"Alright, well, uh, I hope you enjoy it." Sam says, sliding it away from him. "Wow."

"I'll take it." Carly reaches over him.

"No." Sam denies, pushing her away from the food.

"Wha--" She pouts at him.

"You know, there are starving children out there." Dean says.

"Dude, I'm not gonna survive hundreds of monster attacks to get flatlined by some double donut monstrosity." Sam says.

"The Elvis!" Dean exclaims.

Wyatt snatches one of them and takes off.

"Wh-- hey! Wyatt!" Sam calls.

"I got him." Miranda sighs, walking after her son.

"He'll be finished by time you get there at that pace." Sam says.

"Cool." Miranda calls back, leaving the room. Sam groans, throwing his head back in frustration. Carly reaches across him, going for The Elvis, but Sam grabs her arm without even looking at her.

"Nice try." He gives her a fake smile and she returns it with a dirty look.

Dean's phone rings.

"Hey! Long time. Your Caddyshack review is way overdue." Dean says into the phone. "Yeah. You got it. We're there." He hangs up. "How do y'all feel about South Dakota?"

+++

They're all in the living room of Jody's house when the door opens, Jody and Alex walking in.

"Well, there goes the neighborhood." Jody teases. "Hi."

"Jody." Sam hugs her. "Hey. Let me help you out with those." He takes the groceries from her.

"Oh, thank you." She says. "Come here." She hugs Dean.

"It has been too long." Dean says.

"Hey." Jody greets. She hugs Miranda before hugging the kids.