"I know, you're right." I nodded.

I stood a little longer than scheduled with my grandma that morning. It was Friday, which was the Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor game. But I also had a Ministry task to complete. It was pressuring.

"I really don't want to go. I do wish I could take you with me...perhaps I could persuade the headmaster to give you a room in the faculty—"

"Oh, you go on, my dear! I've lived here for decades! It's all adjustments." My grandma let out with her usual enthusiastic personality.

I closed my eyes and avoided her for a second knowing that things progressively got worse, but I regained back my smile and hugged her.

"I'll be back soon, grams. Christmas is around the corner. I can't wait to spend it with you." I said excitedly.

The day became hell after stepping foot from my grandma's house that very morning.

It was embarrassing to empty out my stomach on the nearest vase in a random hallway inside the Ministry of Magic, but what choice did I have?

I could've blamed the Floo Powder I had to forcibly take to London. The only true option was the Hogwarts Express, which was nine hours; flying was off-limits, it took nearly a day. Floo Powder it was, unfortunately.

The tasks given by the Ministry this afternoon were heavy. I began to feel delicate fighting poachers and projected enemies mid-journey, but if I could defeat them once, I could do it again — but it was tiring. And the headspace from studies made it worse.

"Ah, Miss Y/l/n," The minister's voice echoed through the office and I sat there, empty stomach with nausea in that seat, "It's nice to see you on such an unexpected arrival."

I leaned against my seat, avoiding to talk from the tiredness and dehydration.

"You're here to finally accept the proposal once and for all?" Minister Pies asked politely, but as he sat in his black seat, his fingers scratched over his skin as he waited for me to answer.

"Well, actually," I began, my voice wavering slightly with a mix of anxiety and reluctance, "I know we spoke about this previously, and I said I was considering the offer, but..."

"But?" The minster prompts, a bemused look on his face.

I gulped, still watching his fingers caress one another more nervously. Like if he was trying to hold back from forcing me to say yes.

"You mentioned you'll provide a better home for my grandmother if I agree to this proposal." I reminded.

"That is correct," Pies confirms, "And we would happily provide that."

"Yes, precisely. That's why I'm really here today to ask...if you would please reside her to a home already as you promised." I asked him, my voice almost breaking.

"So, that'll be a yes then?" The minister re-asked.

"Not until I see that my grams is in a better environment first," I demanded.

I didn't mean to take a stand this way. It wasn't truly me, but I was beginning to go nuts with all the pressure, stress, and drama. I wanted my life to be at peace for once.

Minister Pies raised a brow at my sentence and began to have this uncomfortable laugh inside the office. I almost thought twice about it on how fearing it sounded.

"Miss Y/l/n, are you bargaining with me? You are aware I am the Minister of the Ministry, correct?" He asked in a serious tone.

I felt intimidated, but I nodded slowly, "I am aware you are the Minister, but I'd prefer to see my grandmother be in a better home first. It's not really bargaining, I'm already halfway there joining."