Part 2: The Wolf Beyond

Start from the beginning

Slowly, we trudged the waters, keeping our paddling movements quiet. "I'll go first and you stay here," I said quietly.

"Are you sure?" She said worriedly. I nodded in response.

I started to climb the edges of the boat as quietly yet quickly. I didn't know what could happen to Howl or what they wanted from him. I almost reached the top, when all of a sudden...

BOOM!

A bomb came right through the middle of the ship! Wood pieces flew all around me! I looked back and saw 2 other ships. One looked like the one I'm climbing and the other was one I did not recognize.

"HEATHER!" I heard Brooklyn yell from down below. I knew I couldn't give up now, so I forced myself to keep climbing the ship till I reached the top. Men ran everywhere calling out orders and putting out fires.

Do they even know their ship is sinking? I thought.

"Did you guys know that your ship is sinking?" I yelled. "Just trying to help," I muttered.

At the sound of my voice, everyone halted. One of the men's eyes narrowed at my badge with Howl's name and pictures so he did know I was the owner and of course the person who yelled.

"ITS' HER, The owner of the wolf!". A man yelled in surprise.

"ATTACK!" someone shouted. More than 30 men began stalking my way! I hit one in the stomach, grabbed his sword and stabbed another in the heart. Two bodies lay there on the ground and about ten minutes later, fifteen others joined them. I was defending myself well till a guard managed to catch me off guard and push me off the edge of the ship. I began to plummet down toward the ocean waters.

"HEATHER!" Brooklyn yelled. I broke through the water surface, sinking. One moment I could see Brooklyn coming for me but then suddenly, everything went black.

"Heather! Wake up," Brooklyn called, shaking my body. My eyes slowly opened and I looked around the unfamiliar place. This place looked different and since we were NOT sinking then we definitely were not in the same boat.

Somewhere new? I thought.

"Where are we?" I asked her, looking around.

"Long story short, we got captured and the people of the new ship are here," she said quietly.

"Well that's not good!" I said. "Do they have Howl now?" I asked.

"I think so,". I sat up and looked around again. In one corner lay four boxes. There were also shelves filled with weapons and in the last corner sat 3 other prisoners, Or I thought they were. I got up and walked toward the stairs.

"I know what you're thinking Heather. We can't go up that way because there are lasers blocking that exit," she said. And she was right!

Red beams moved in random directions that it would be hard to get across without being sliced in half like a watermelon. Plus there was an iron door behind all that and probably guards behind that too.

"We need to get out of here," I said.

Click.

We heard the sound of keys and the big iron door creaking open. Then a man wearing black, gray and red walked down the stairs and walked right through the laser beams.

How? I thought. The three men ran out without a word like they knew they shouldn't be here when he was. If the man was good or bad it would still not go well according to the frown on his face.

"Are the lasers fake?" I whispered to Brooklyn. She didn't answer but I could tell she was wondering the same thing.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I asked, glaring at the man.

"My name is Viggo," He said in a sickly sweet voice but I could hear the anger.

Why is he so mad but so nice all at the same time? I wondered to myself.

"I don't want to be your enemy. I came to tell you something that can help you get your wolf back," He said with a grin.

"How do you know about my wolf?" I asked suspiciously. He smiled at me with all his crooked teeth, and then took out a ball,threw it on the ground and all of a sudden, two pictures popped up. One of them was a dragon-like sword and the other was a bright blue dragon firing out blue swirls that looked like an icy-blue version of the northern light.

"The left one is the most powerful sword and the right shows the most powerful dragon that ever existed!" he said.

"Whoever holds the sword will have the power to become the Dragon of Light!" He said pointing to the blue dragon.

"Ok...what does Howl have to do with it?" I asked confusingly.

"It means I'm giving the sword to you!" he exclaimed, handing me the sword. I took it curiously and warrily.

"Anything else?" I asked, looking at the sword carefully.

"No but be very careful with that sword Heather, it holds lots and lots of magical powers more than you can ever imagine!" he said.

Then he walked out of the room. "So what are we going to do?" Brooklyn asked.

"First we need to get out of here. If I'm right, those lasers are fake. Everyone that walked past them didn't die, let alone get injured. I'll go first," I said. I took a deep breath and walked right through the lasers. I felt nothing. I was right.

"Come on! It won't hurt you." At the end of the path, there was a metal door with a loose door knob. Opening the door, I was greeted with about fifteen men dressed like pirates but Viggo wasn't one of them.

One man saw me and yelled, "SHE'S OUT!" Everyone ran to the door. I took the sword Viggo gave me and held it away from my body, toward the enemies.

"I have an idea. Follow my lead," I said as she ran beside me, starting to battle.

"Go get Howl," I yelled to Brooklyn over the clanking of battle. I fought and fought for what seemed like hours then finally Brooklyn came with Howl in her arms.

"HOWL!" I yelled happily. I felt a shock of pain in my leg. Looking down, I spotted a long knife gash on my right leg.

"Heather, watch out!" Brooklyn yelled. I turned around and saw it just before the sword stabbed me right through my heart. I heard another bang from behind me, like the sound of something or someone falling to the ground aggressively.

There lay Howl on the ground with a knife in his leg.

"HOWL!" I screamed with worry. I couldn't keep it in much longer, I just wanted us to be safe and not in danger. Suddenly, the sword in my hands began to light up and I began to rise, then a big light boomed and I became a dragon!

Like the one that Viggo showed me I thought.

"RUN!" one of the pirates yelled to the others. My mouth shot open and fire blazed out. It took a few shots, but once I finished everyone off, I started to become myself again, shifting back to human form. Then, a colorful ball exploded and we all Brooklyn, Howl and I were all back at home like it never happened at all!