At least I got its attention, He thought. 

Everything sped up, Peter couldn't tell how long it had been since he told Karen to call the Avengers. 

He still couldn't hear the familiar sound of boosters rushing towards him. He couldn't hear any signal that anyone was coming. 

He shot more webs at the monster, unable to get close. Now his only hope was to take it away from civilization, and hopefully he would be able to kill it there. 

"Hey! Over here!" 

Once Peter had its attention fully, he began to turn and run for the water. It was going to take to long for him to get it out of Queens. Once he was closer to a lake, he began to hear the repulsors getting louder. That brief moment of distraction was all it took. 

The monster grabbed a fence pole and threw it towards Peter. His spidey-sense went off like an alarm, blaring in his head. 

He tried to move, but didn't have enough time as it hit him square in the stomach, going right through him. 

The force was enough to knock him back. 

Peter gasped. 

"Kid! Where are you!"

"Water," Peter tried to rasp. 

"I see you Queens-" Cap started but was cut off when he got a clearer view. It was clear Peter didn't have enough time to get to the medbay. "You're in the grass by the water, right?" Steve tried to keep his voice leveled, so he wouldn't panic Peter. 

There wasn't any response. 

Even with Peters heightened sense, all he could hear was the quieting sound of his heart thumping. It was getting less rhythmical and more erratic. 

He could try keeping his breathing even, maybe that would raise the chances of him surviving. Don't panic, otherwise your heart will speed up and so will your breath and soon you won't be able to breath. 

There was a faint whisper next to him. 

"I know it's not fair, but you have numbered heartbeats and limited breaths." 

Through his blurry eyes Peter looked around but couldn't see anyone other than Tony, Steve and Natasha. The rest were taking down the monster. 

Tony was saying something but Peter couldn't piece the words together. It was like his brain was in a completely different area, unable to string together simple sentences. He wasn't aware of what was going on around him. 

"They can't save you. It's too late." The voice whispered again, getting louder. 

He looked around trying to memorize everyones faces and trying to read their expressions. 

Tony looked worried while Natasha and Steve had a perfectly blank face. Natasha showed no emotions -she didn't want him to see her panicking in his last moments-, but when Peter looked closer, he could see conflicting emotions on Steves face. 

Natasha was saying something now. What did she say? She was talking too fast, he couldn't keep up. It reminded him of when Natasha first started teaching him russian. 

"It's ok to let go, you'll see them again."

He saw tears falling down Natashas face. 

He took in a breath a whispered 

"Не грусти" 

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

-----------------------------------

The end!

Hope you enjoyed!

I'm so proud of you and I love you 3000 🫶

Make sure to eat/sleep enough and remember to drink enough water. 

Have a good day/night

Bye!

-Author

(2023-10-15)