Into The Dark Folds - 1 (Ep. 19 - 20)

(Dokja's POV)

"Gather around everyone. I have an emergency announcement to make." Cheon In-ho shouted to the crowd. "Given our current situation, it looks like we'll need more people for the search party. From this point on, we won't be sharing any food with people who refuse to join the search party."

"Great," Jihye's hands shot up. "Let's just starve."

"The sad thing is..." Hyeonsung mentioned. "That's what most people were already doing." Huiwon nodded. "And those who wanted to live... weren't going to continue with their sufferings."

'Damn it. I didn't expect there to be an additional penalty.' In-ho glared at the man across the room. 'Could he have known that this would happen?' "My biscuit." The woman next to him complained. "That's why I told you to eat them."

"No matter how powerful you are, Cheon In-ho is still a dangerous man," Junghyeok warned. "He has grown suspicious of you and will continue to do so after this."

"Don't worry," I smirked. "Everything has been taken care of."

'No, that's not possible.' Dokja's eyes met In-ho's. "That's probably what In-ho's thinking right now."

"Imagine having read so much that you are able to read someone's mind because you've read about the trope so much." Han Sooyoung complained. Huiwon snarled at her. "You aren't one to talk."

"Still, having a talent like that with it not even being a skill is quite impressive." I smiled at Hyeonsung's compliment.

[You have successfully read the mind of the character 'Cheon In-ho'.]

[Your understanding of the character 'Cheon In-ho' has increased.]

Jihye frowned. "There goes the character thing again." I was about to speak, but she got there first. "Don't worry, I'm over it. Just teasing."

"He may be suspicious of me, but he can't be certain that I knew about the food penalty beforehand." "Did you know this would happen, Dokja-ssi?" Huiwon questioned the man beside her. "I had a suspicion that it would happen. I just thought of what the Dokkaebi would do to make us suffer the most."

"I call bullshit!" Jihye yelled, quickly getting hit by Sangah and glared at by Junghyeok. Even if both of them are polar opposites, one thing they can agree on is a disdainment of swearing minors.

"But I didn't expect them to add a survival penalty." Dokja thought as he looked at the new windows. "TWSA would definitely pull something like this, but this wasn't in the original novel. Did the contract I signed with Bihyung affect the story?"