Bella's POV:

I've done my best to avoid being around humans until now. Esme invited Victoria and I to go shopping with her in Port Angeles. She has to buy human necessities for Rosalie, such as food, hygiene products and baby necessities. I hate shopping but accepted her offer, I need to get used to being around humans. Of course, Alice and Jasper decided to tag along as she is the only one allowed to choose clothing for the baby. It hasn't even been conceived yet but that won't stop Alice. Esme chats away as we walk down the isle of a grocery store. Out of habit I breathe and instantly regret it. The smell of human blood instantly set a blazing fire in my throat. I feel as though I swallowed lava. I grimace in pain, and my fellow companions turn to me instantly.

"It's okay. We won't let you hurt anyone." Alice says in an attempt to comfort me.

"We can leave at any time, you don't have to put yourself through this torture so soon after your change." Victoria takes me by the hand.

"No, I want to see Charlie again and I'll never be able to do that if I can't control myself. I'm staying." I stand my ground. I hear Jasper chuckle under his breath.

"I heard that, something funny?" I turn and glare at Jasper.

"It's just at the beginning of the year when you were human, and you got that papercut, I almost lost control. Now you know what I was feeling." He smiled sympathetically. I thought about that for a moment. My memories human memories grow foggier every day, but I slightly remember Jasper trying to attack me after I cut my finger on wrapping paper. His black eyes boring into me like he could drink my blood from across the room. Jasper couldn't keep control of his thirst.

"Yeah, I remember that. I'm already showing more self-control than you and how long have you been a vegetarian?" I joke.

"Just wait until someone gets a papercut." Jasper mutters. I giggle and accidentally take a breath, yet again regretting it. A human is standing on the opposite end of the isle from us. My head snaps in her direction. Her dirty blonde hair is pulled back into a ponytail, exposing a large throbbing vein in her neck. I count each pulse as her vein throbs, the delicious liquid pumping through her body calls to me. The fire in my throat spreads, getting hotter and nearly inextinguishable. I lower myself into an attack stance and bare my teeth. A low growl rips from throat.

"Bella, No!" Esme turns to me. It was too late though; the feeding frenzy had begun. Every person in this store was in danger. I take a moment to count every heartbeat. There were sixty-two men, women, and children in this store, and I wanted them all. The human girl at the end of the isle didn't even hear the growl. Her body is turned away as she reads a product on the shelf. I attempt to take a step toward her but suddenly Victoria is in front of me. She places both her hands on either side of my face and looks deep into my eyes.

"This isn't you, Bella. Think about what you're doing. I know it's hard and you feel like your animal instincts are taking over but fight it! Feeding on these people will go against everything that you believe in. Think about the families you would be hurting. You're not a monster, don't turn into one now." Victoria says encouragingly. Her bright yellow eyes captivating me, I stand back up and hold my breath. I nod, not attempting to speak. The frenzy was slowly fading away and the human turns and leaves the isle.

"See, it's not as easy as you thought." Jasper chuckles, proud that I was instantly served with karma after making a joke about his self-control. I turn, glaring in his direction. He looks at me sternly and suddenly I feel calmer, less like I want to rip his head from his shoulders.

"Hey, no fair!" I shove him playfully. Everyone giggles and Esme returns to her shopping.

"I'm proud of you Bella. You snapped out of that with ease." Victoria says, taking my hand.