𝟎𝟒, long time no see

Start from the beginning

He looked younger than her. Familiar. She knew him. Usually she wouldn't care about some random person she had forgotten but she couldn't stop staring at him, she was very curious.

"All right then, Polly. Who's this?" Arthur sniggered. The smirk on his face told Maggie he had the same thought. She felt a pair of eyes on her again. It was John. But she didn't look back. Her eyes were locked onto the boy. She glanced to her mum for an explanation, but she was glaring at Arthur.

She held the boys's shoulder. "This is your cousin," Tom said, looking at the boys, "Polly's son, Micheal," He glanced back at Maggie, she stood confused, too tired and hungover to properly comprehend the phrase, "Your brother." He said to her, as if she were Carissa's age.

She stayed glued in her spot. Her brother. Micheal. Micky. Tom slowly stepped to the side, letting her see her brother, but she followed him, staying out of view.

It hurt to see him. Last time she seen him, he was kicking and screaming, and she didn't do anything. She couldn't do anything. He may have been young but she remembered almost everything from their time in the Church. He might remember how she abandoned him.

They shook hands, "I'm Arthur. You've met me. I used to throw you out the window, so John could catch ya." Arthur admitted to the boy.

John followed, "I used to put you in a shoe box and kick you down Waterly Lane."

Where Tommy stepped, she stepped. She hid from him. Scared if he would hate her.

"I bet your glad to be back." Tommy joked.

He laughed, "I don't remember any of it. All I remember is the day they took me away." That day. The day the three children and their mother would never forget.

Maggie saw her mother's expression change, hearing Micky mention that day. She hugged him. Maggie continued to hide behind her cousin.

"Well you're hear now, son," Tommy filled the silence, "welcome to the Shelby family."

Arthur said, "later, we'll show you the ropes."

"Yeah, we'll show you what's what."

She almost smiled at the look on her mother's face as she looked at Tom, begging him that neither brother would "show him the ropes". Tommy nodded reassuring her silently. "Let's leave him be for now."

He moved forward but this time Maggie didn't move. The boys left, "Nice suit." Arthur spoke before he was gone. Polly chuckled lightly, then straightened her brother's bow tie.

Her eyes moved up and she saw Maggie stood there. She smiled softly, "Micheal, this is your sister." She introduced in case he'd forgotten.

He turned around and she saw him. She saw her brother after almost thirteen years.

"Maggie." She mumbled. He smiled and nodded, putting his hand forward. Maggie shook it, feeling relief as she noticed that his smile never faltered as he heard her name.

"I know, I remember." Polly stepped back, pouring a cup of tea for her eldest daughter.

"You remember?" She whispered. Only he could hear her quiet voice and felt her nervousness. He nodded again.