The Culture Festival

Start from the beginning

"Seriously? Let me hear!?" Kurahashi cheered, springing forward to get right in Yuki's face.

"H-Huh!? Like...right now?" She choked out.

"Huh- oh sorry." Kurahashi apologized. "I shouldn't have-"

"N-No...it's fine. I'll do it just for you." She reassured the orange-haired girl. Slowly she stood and cleared her throat.

"Wild, flower blossoming."

"I beg of you, tell me this so I know too."

"Why do people fight?"

"They all act as if it's right."

"Don't they know, that's no way to live."

The class stared at her as she finished, letting out a small breath before she smiled, sitting back down.

"3...2...1-" Sora murmured.

"WHAT!?" The entire class cried, catching Yuki off guard with the insane levels of volume. Even Sora flinched slightly, and he was more than used to loud noises.

"Seriously? Where did that come from?" Maehara muttered.

"No kidding, that was amazing!" Toka agreed.

"You just got so much hotter!" Okajima shouted.

Koro-sensei sobbed at his desk. "It was beautiful..."

Itona stared at their teacher. "You're so emotional..." He grumbled in annoyance.

Yuki flinched back from the praise, a sheepish smile etched onto her face. "I-It's really not that impressive..."

"With you leading the way we'll crush this festival!" Kurahashi cheered, earning a sad look from Yuki.

"A-Actually I-" Yuki stammered. "I won't be able to do that."

The cheering stopped as everyone looked at her.

"I...can't do it..." She whimpered. "S-Sorry to let you all down."

The class's mood immediately shifted.

"H-Hey don't worry about it. If you can't do it then you can't do it." Sugino reassured her.

"Yeah, we'll think of something else," Sugaya promised her. "We could go with that cafe idea."

Sora stared at her as she sat back down.

____________________

Yuki slowly walked down the mountain. She had left a bit after everyone else, not wanting to deal with talking to anyone right now. She didn't mean to let everyone down but- she just couldn't perform.

She walked onto the main campus ground and let out a sigh.

"Where are you going?" Sora asked, leaning against a tree beside her.

"H-Huh!? Sora-"

"Are you okay?" He asked, kicking off of the tree to stand in front of her. Yuki blushed and them looked at the ground.

"Y-Yeah...sorry- I just..." She stuttered.

"Sorry, if I knew you had stage fright I wouldn't have put you on the spot like that." Sora apologized.

"N-No it's not anything like that..." Yuki assured him, it wasn't stage fright. She was more than comfortable performing in front of people. "It's uh-"

"Oh my god hi Yuki~" A girl's voice called out.

Yuki turned rigidly and put on a fake smile. "O-Oh...hey Riko. I uh...didn't see you there."

"Well duh, you've never been aware of your surroundings." Riko pointed out, stepping closer to her, her hands behind her back. "I mean...you're not really good at anything so..."