80. Ram Aur Priya Ki Kahani

Start from the beginning

Mujhe pata hai ke zindagi doosra mauka bohot kam deti hai aur mujhe kabhi nahi laga tha mujhe kabhi milega. Par agar zindagi ne mujhe ek aur mauka diya hai aapke saath baaki ki zindagi bitaani ki toh main khudko khushnaseeb hi samajhti hoon. Isiliye agar aap meri taraf ek kadam badha rahe hain, toh main bhi aapki taraf ek kadam badhana chahti hoon.

Waise bhi mera dil ab mera nahi raha, yeh ab aapki amanat hai. Toh isse sambhalne ki zimmedari bhi aap hi ki hai. Main bhi chahti hoon ke aaj ke baad sirf aap aur main, aapki aur meri baatein ho, hamare kisse, hamari kahaani. Ram aur Priya ki kahaani ho.

                                              - Aapki Priya

Placing the letter on the table, Ram held his head between his head. He was a crying mess. Although he was happy that Priya finally shared whatever that resided in her heart, his heart broke thinking how hurt she was from inside, how her soul was crushed by so many people, and how he was one of them unfortunately. Tears rolled down his eyes, knowing what his Priya had been through. He felt more guilty thinking how she still put her trust in him after he broke it multiple times.

"Ram: Dil toot ta hai toh bura lagta hai na?

Priya: Nahi. Jab bharosa toot ta hai na tab aur bhi bura lagta hai"

Priya's words rang in his ears.

"Main galti karta hoon aur Priya har baar mujhe maaf kar deti hai. Par mujhe uski achhai ka fayda nahi uthana chahiye. Woh chahti hai ke main better banu, main sudhar jaun. Maine uski maafi ko for granted le liya. Ek insaan kitna sehga. Ek limit hoti hai.", he thought to himself.

Tracing the ending of the letter, he smiled sadly.

Ram: Tumhe meri saari baatein yaad hai na Priya. (With a soft chuckle) Aapki Priya. Main hoon khushnaseeb ke mujhe tum mili. Tumse waada karta hoon...hamesha tumhara rahunga.

Taking some deep breaths, he wiped his tears and read the letter again. And then he kept the letter in a drawer with a lock in it, before going to give Priya a tight hug.
. . . . . . . . .

Ram searched for Priya in the bedroom and the balcony but she was nowhere. He panicked thinking if she had left again without telling anyone but then saw her phone on the nightstand.

Ram(muttering to himself): Phone lekar nahi gayi matlab Ghar pe hi hai. Terrace pe dekhta hoon.

As Ram went to the terrace and began to look for Priya, his eyes fell at the farthest corner of the terrace. There she was, leaning on the railing, staring at the moon ever so peacefully. Tears came into Ram's eyes again as he remembered what she wrote in the letter and he ran towards her.

Listening to the footsteps Priya turned and saw Ram coming towards her. At first she didn't understand why he was running but then Ram halted in front of her to take a look at her beautiful face and then holding her hand, he gently pulled her towards him, wrapping his arms around her. In that moment Priya realised what happened. Tightening the hug, she rested her head over his shoulders, tears ran down her cheeks uncontrollably. Ram's soft sobs told her that he was crying with her, for her.

Holding her steadily with one arm, Ram began to caress her hair with the other one. He kissed the side of her head, keeping a silent promise to himself that he would protect her at all cost. He tried to talk to her but his voice kept breaking.

Ram: Priya...I'm...sorry.

Priya(caressing his back): Main gussa nahi hoon aap se.

Ram: Main...promise k-karta hoon ke...aisa phir...kabhi nahi hoga.

Priya hummed in response. Breaking the hug, he made her look at him.

Ram: Aur haan...woh log jo bhi kahe, tum waisi nahi ho okay! Bilkul nahi ho! Samjhi? Samjhi ya nahi samjhi?

Pressing her lips, Priya gave a gentle nod.

Ram: Aise nahi achhe se matha hilao.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor!

Ram cupped her face in between his palms.

Ram(with tearful eyes): Thank you Priya...mujhpe bharosa karne ke liye. Main wada karta hoon main tumhara bharosa nahi todunga phirse.

Priya nodded with a small smile.

Ram(caressing her cheeks): Aur haan...meri Priya sab se alag hai, eklauti hai aur tumhare jaisa koi nahi hai. Logon nahi pata ke tum kitni khoobsurat ho, aankhein nahi hain unke paas...kabhi hasste dekha hai unhone tumhe mere jokes pe? Sab se pyaari lagti ho. Aur tumhari aankhein chamakti hai, jab tum dil se khush hoti ho. Jab tum Pihu ke saath hoti ho tab toh alag hi muskaan hoti hai tumhare chehre pe.
Woh sab gadhe hain, unko tumhare dil ki khoobsurti nahi dikhti. Tum sochogi hi nahi yeh sab. Samjhi?

Priya kept looking at her husband in awe. He was the only person who could say all these things and make her heart want to believe it all. For others her first reaction was to distrust those compliments and build a wall around her to protect herself. But with Ram, she never felt that he was lying or saying for the sake of it.

Seeing that Priya wasn't responding, Ram called her again.

Ram: Samjhi?....Priya? Kahan kho gayi?

Blinking her eyes for a few times, Priya concentrated on him. With her index finger, she tapped the side of her head a few times, making Ram feel completely confused.

Priya(talking to herself): Samajh aaya?.....(talking to Ram with a smile) Aa gaya samajh.

Ram looked at her with amazement. His wife remembered every little detail, every tiny antics of his and this reminded him of the night they were happy for the last time, 5 years ago.

Keeping his hands on her waist, Ram gently pulled Priya a little more closer. Her breath hitched as his eyes locked with hers. Her innocent, deep brown orbs made Ram fall deeper in love with her. On the other hand, Priya felt herself completely bewitched by him as always.

Ram(softly): Tumhe sab yaad hai na? Hamari choti se choti yaadein?

Priya nodded with tears in her eyes.

Priya: Sab yaad hai mujhe.

Ram's smile reached his eyes and he pecked Priya's forehead softly. Closing her eyes, Priya rejoiced that loving touch to the fullest.

Ram(with a tearful smile): Mujhe bhi. Woh kehte hain na ke kabhi kabhi do pal ka saath zindagi bhar ki mohabbat de jaati hai. Yeh yaadein hi toh thi hamare paas.

A lone tears escaped Priya's eyes as she touched her forehead with Ram, wanting the time to freeze at that moment.

After some time, for a few seconds Ram looked at the stars and then again focused on Priya.

Ram: Tumhe pata hai maine inn taaron se yeh maang ki thi ke iss janam na sahi par agle janam mein tum meri raho.

Priya's heart melted at his declaration. She couldn't be more happier to know that this man wanted her and her only in his next life also. She closed her eyes praying for the same, before deciding to tease him a little.

Priya: Ek second! Aapko agle janam mein bhi mere taane sunke jeena hai?

She thought that Ram would laugh or say something silly but his reply left her spell-bound.

Ram: Har janam mein...main har janam mein sirf tumhe hi chahta hoon Priya.

It took Priya a few seconds to understand what Ram really said that he wanted and she smiled brightly.

Priya: Tathastu!

A soft chuckle left Ram's mouth as he again pulled Priya into a warm hug, sealing their newfound contract of forever under the light of a thousand stars.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey! Congratulations to me and to you all! 80 chapters! Omg! Feels unreal to be honest! Thank you for the love and support♥️

I know it's a small chapter. But I wanted to keep it that way only to celebrate RaYa. Hope you liked it!