𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘. Blood of The Snake

001 | I.
BLOOD OF THE SNAKE

𖤓 ━━━━━ MANY KNEW OF THE corrupt clans that were spread throughout the world of sorcery, their tainted bloodlines proving to be suffocating and disaster filled

𖤓 ━━━━━ MANY KNEW OF THE corrupt clans that were spread throughout the world of sorcery, their tainted bloodlines proving to be suffocating and disaster filled. From the harsh defilement behind closed doors to the open mistreatment of women and others, it was utter chaos.

And the clan of Isobe was infamous for those very reasons— they took part in almost everything, nothing was normal, or kind within the family. If there was, then like the burning flame of a candle, it would've been snuffed out in an instant.

A sign of hope soon came in the spring months of 2003, in the form of newborn twins who laid resting in their mother's arms. Lady Chō stared down at her freshly wrapped children that slept soundly in her arms; she felt a spark of happiness ignite within herself, something she hadn't felt in years.

Isobe Chō watched as both of her babies took in breaths of fresh air, their blankets moving lightly with every breath they took. The woman felt love but also fear at that very moment— love for her own children, the ones she spent hours in labor for, but also fear for the thought that they would turn out like the rest.

She wanted anything but the corruption of the Isobe bloodline to fill the veins of her young, her dull green eyes trained on them both. The exhaustion that once pulled on her aching body was long gone as she fought against it.

Her eyes looked up once she heard a knock at the birthing rooms door, her brows furrowed lightly as she stared in anticipation. With a very gentle tone, she carefully spoke aloud. "Enter."

With the granted permission to enter the room she was surprised to see that it was Daisuke who had knocked previously. Her eyes followed the figure of her husband who walked to her bedside, a blank expression occupying his features as he came to a stop at her bedside.

Daisuke's dark eyes glanced from his wife to the neatly wrapped babies in her arms, his eyes held uncertainty as he looked them over.

"Was the birth easy?" His monotonous voice filled her ears, Chō looking back down at their children.

A small nod came as a first form of response from the woman, before she exerted her voice box. "It wasn't easy, necessarily, but I am still breathing." Chō plainly told her husband, hiding the joy she once felt. "Do you wish to hold them?"

"What are their names?" He brushed off her question, his dark hues finding her familiar green eyes. She could differentiate the real meaning in his words, what the man meant.

Isobe Daisuke wanted to know the gender of his newborn children rather than their names.

"Your firstborn child I have named Mirou," A small hint of a smile pulled at the corner of his lips, pride surging through his veins at the thought of a son. "and the girl is Mikina."