CHAPTER 006: NO EXIT

Start from the beginning

EMMY

Quinn, we need to run!

QUINN

IT'S GONNA KILL US! Someone, please! HELP US! HELP!

EMMY AND BEN

QUINN!

That's when Quinn turns and sees the monsters at the end of the hallway. The monster that chased them growls, as the other shapes give out unearthly moans, the sound distorted and choppy on the camcorder footage as it glitches madly. The shapes lurch forward, the shape prowling closer, its footsteps loud and ominous.

BEN

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

EMMY

We need to run. We need to run!

The monster and shapes let out a howling noise that is a scrambled mess of static cacophony on the camcorder before they run forward. As they do, Emmy and Quinn press themselves against a wall while the camcorder jostle as Ben does the same. The monster and shapes run past them as the teens run out behind them—but the monster realises and turns, shrieking as its clawed hand lunges out to grab them. Quinn swings her flashlight against the hand, the monster letting out a shriek of pain and anger as Ben pulls Quinn forward by her arm.

QUINN

Ouch! Ben, you're gonna pull my arm off!

BEN

I think what's more important is we don't die right now, Quinn!

Quinn goes silent as Emmy pauses in the hallway, arms out, her body tense.

EMMY

In here!

   They run into the bathroom, Quinn slamming the door closed. A minute later, bangs sound, the monster growling.

BEN

Oh fuck, oh God, oh fuck.

QUINN

This can't be real. This can't be fucking real. Holy fucking shit.

BEN

Well, those things seem to be pretty freaking real to me! Because the haunting's definitely real, Quinn! And that they're freaking gonna kill us!

QUINN

No fucking shit! Which is why we need to get the hell out of here!

BEN

Didn't you see what was outside?! And that the door wouldn't open?!

QUINN

Yeah, I did, and I know! But we should still get out of here!

BEN

Look, I agree, Quinn! But what are we gonna do when we get out and not get killed by what's outside?!