Oh God, I love him.

Ran went to us after the ceremony and taking of their photos. 

He hugged his mother and sister. They were congratulating Ran and were crying altogether. Afterward, he went up to me, smiling all over. "Ryann-chan, we won!!!" he said as he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.

I was surprised, but I was also happy, so I let the moment pass. "Yes, you did so well. I am so proud of you," I said, my voice cracking.

He looked at me, full of tears, and smiled. "Thank you, Ryann-chan!" he exclaimed and hugged me again.

We stayed like that for a moment before he released me. I knew eyes were continuously prying, but I didn't care. 

After the game, a grand celebration was held for Ryujin Nippon. Amidst the joyful festivities, Ran promised to spend time with me after the dinner celebration. He was eager since he wanted to know what gift I would give him.

Yes, I will be confessing to him.

Along with Ran's mother and sister, we attended the celebratory dinner of Ryujin Nippon. The atmosphere was filled with excitement and pride as the team basked in their victory. The tables were adorned with elegant decorations and delicious dishes.

However, happiness had always been fleeting in my life.

As we enjoyed the evening, a sudden interruption shattered the pleasant atmosphere. My phone started ringing, piercing through the air, and I could feel a knot forming in my stomach. It was a call from my estranged mother, delivering news from home.

I answered the call, feeling as ominous as what had always been. Something was not right. "Hello? Why did you call me?" I asked.

Mother was crying at the other line. I knew this. "Y-ysa-ysabel...Marco had been arrested," she revealed, crying.

At that moment, I felt like my world stopped. 

"W..what? Did you say a-arrested?" I had to ask twice, hoping I heard it wrong.

"Yes. It was very complicated. He was arrested for possessing marijuana. He was cornered as if the police were informed already," she explained.

As I stood there in shock, I felt a surge of anger and frustration. How could this happen? Marco was arrested for possession of marijuana. It didn't make sense. I clenched my fists, trying to gather my thoughts and find a way to help my brother. The next steps were uncertain, but one thing was clear - I had to be there for him.

And I also had to understand the situation. I knew the justice system in the Philippines is fucked up. It would not be easy to win against.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my trembling hands. "Is he okay? Have you spoken to him?" I asked, my voice trembling with concern.

Mother let out a shaky sigh, her voice choked with tears. "I... I haven't been able to talk to him yet. But according to the information I have, he's currently being held at the local police station. They haven't shared many details with me. It all happened so suddenly," she replied, her voice filled with anguish.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and a surge of anger pulsed through me. I couldn't understand why this had happened or why he had gotten involved in such a situation. But now wasn't the time for blame; I needed to support him.

"I'm going to go to the police station as soon as I arrive. I need to find out what's happening," I declared. "Did you tell it to ate Ria?" I asked.

"No, I do not dare. She's not in good shape now," she replied.

"What do you mean? Why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed.

"She's having a fever, but it's under control as the doctor advised," she replied.

I sighed in slight relief, but I still felt worried.

"Don't let her know, and please keep me informed about Marco," I pleaded.

"Okay, Ysabel. Have a safe flight back," she replied.

I immediately scrambled through my phone to rebook my flight back to the Philippines as soon as possible. I was able to secure a 4AM flight the next day. I needed to get back to the hotel to pack. Feeling torn at this moment, I wanted to bid goodbye to Ran, but the situation was too urgent and awkward for him as he was celebrating their win. Eventually, I decided to just leave there.

I headed back to the dining hall to retrieve my belongings. I excused myself from Mama Sayuri and Riry, telling them that I had to go back to the hotel immediately. Using an awkward reason that my period suddenly arrived, they agreed to let me go. With no time to spare and my heart pounding, I made my way out of the hall, trying to sneak out without being noticed by Ran.