Chapter 2: Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan

Start from the beginning

After chatting with Noah and narrowly avoiding getting sucked out of a plane for the remainder of the plane ride, they sat together as Chris explained where in the world they were.

"Gosh you guys, that's totally a Chinese reference," Harold said after Chef came into the main hall.

"Thank you Harold. Now-,"

"I just, I feel like you would try harder to get it right," Noah started mocking Harold to Inara, causing the girl to giggle.

You're cultural insensitivity is just, gosh! Just gosh!" Chris gave Chef a look, and then they were flying out of the plane and falling to their deaths.

Inara screamed and latched onto Noah, who clung back. He wasn't screaming like she was, although he was pretty scared.

Then Chris made them sing a song, like the asshole he was. Inara, however, was too preoccupied with screaming to register what was going on. Her cries were the background vocals, so Chris didn't kick her off the show.

They landed in a bowl of probably weeks-old rice. Inara continued screaming, still clinging onto Noah for her life. His arms were around her too.

"Oh my God, shut it!" Courtney yelled at her. "We're fine!"

"Go choke on Duncan's cock you prissy, know-it-all cu-,"

"Inara! There you are!" Sierra dived onto Inara, cutting her off. "I've been looking everywhere for you! Don't worry, I'm here now,"

Inara groaned, and Courtney felt a bit of sympathy for her. Noah's eyebrows furrowed. Again!?

"Japan! Yes!" Harold said. "I know everything about this place!"

"What you 'know' just sent us free-falling out of a plane," Noah said, annoyed on everyone else's behalf.

They argued for a bit, before Chris started up the first challenge. Human Pinball.

Oh no.

Basically, one member of each team gets inside an oversized hamster ball, and the rest of their teammates had to bounce them around to collect as many points as possible. Simple but annoying.

Team Victory offered up DJ as their sacrifice. Then it was revealed that they would have to share the space with a really angry panda. Even though pandas were a Chinese thing, not a Japanese thing, but Chris seemed to confuse the two countries on the daily, so whatever.

Then Chris asked who was doing it from their team.

"Um, I'm allergic to panda dander," Noah said. "I get hives,"

"What he said," Tyler said.

Inara raised her hand. "I'll do it,"

"WHAT!?!?" Noah, Sierra, and Cody shouted.

"Okay! Catch!" Chris threw the panda at Inara.

She caught it with ease. She waited for it to start attacking her, but as soon as the panda saw her, it shrivelled up in fear.

Inara grinned. "Hah! I told you I was scary!"

Then she watched as Cody got stuck with Sierra. She shot him a look of pity. She really did feel bad. Sierra was a nightmare on two legs.

Without an angry panda or lovesick/obsessive stalker distracting her, Inara breezed through the challenge. She scored the most points by a mile, allowing them to win that segment of the challenge.

Her team cheered as she exited the hamster ball, carrying the terrified panda and a huge grin. It was clear that she was happy.

It made Alejandro's cold heart warm up just a bit.

"Congratulations to Inara and, by extension, Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot. You've won a leg-up in the next challenge! But first-,"

'First' was a weird promo for Total Drama Action with dubbed voices. Inara could hardly stop laughing at it.

"Um, what?" Noah had summed it up perfectly.

"That was the Japanese promo for the last season. Total Drama is huge here!" Chris said.

"Okay, but that was in English, so why are they dubbing our voices?" Courtney asked.

"Because you all sound like Americans," Inara said. "Let's face it, y'all have asshole voices,"

"How dare you! We are Canadian!" Courtney huffed. "When my lawyers hear about this-,"

"Moving on!" Chris went on the explain the next challenge. Film a commercial for Chef's new candy that Inara couldn't remember the full name of. Boring.

But at least, because she won the first challenge, her team got to choose what they wanted first. So that was a plus, Inara guessed.

Watching her team film the advertisement was, honestly, hilarious. They had gone for a 'monster attack' sort of thing. Owen was the monster (which was fucking perfect) and everyone else were soldiers. Inara was on recording duty because she had 'already done enough'. Whatever the fuck that meant Alejandro.

The ad had turned out pretty well. Izzy had made Inara giggle with her "He's so hot!" comment. She also tried one of the candy fish tails, but they were so disgusting that she had to stay next to the bin, vomiting into it every few minutes.

Noah sat next to her and kept her entertained with his stories from home. They made Inara laugh. Who knew that the Sterecra household would be such a disaster?

Soon their bonding time was shut down due to it being time to watch the commercials and decide a winner. Before they started walked, Noah had a strange request.

"Can I hold your hand?"

Inara blinked, extremely surprised. "Huh!?"

"Can I hold your hand?" Noah repeated. "Like, as we walk over,"

Inara smiled. "Oh! Sure, of course!" She took his hand in hers, although his hands were a lot bigger than hers were. "You know you don't have to ask me when it comes to this kinda stuff, right?"

"I do now," Noah winked flirtatiously. Inara giggled again.

Owen snuck up on them and went to hold Inara's other hand, but she moved it away. "Back off,". It was stern, but not unkind.

Cody was the first to notice Noah and Inara holding each other's hands, followed by Sierra. She gasped and leaned to hiss in Cody's ear.

"Who does he think he is? That's my younger sister? He's no good for her!"

"Maybe you should go and break it up?" Cody nervously suggested.

"I will. In a minute!" Sierra huffed. Cody sighed. Poor Inara. Had she ever had free will in her life?

The commercials shown and, thanks to their shitshow presented by Cody Anderson, Team Amazon won the challenge and were in first class again.

At least they didn't come dead last. Team Victory did, again.

Regardless, they were stuck in economy class. Inara hid in the baggage area to avoid Sierra, but to no avail. She was dragged back to first class again.

Noah, Alejandro, and the rest of Team Victory (They had voted Harold off) watched on with sympathy. No-one deserved that kind of harassment.