Dancing with your Ghost [Graveyard]

"Julia..." Standing in an eerily quiet cemetery, Lily swore that the ghost of her dead girlfriend was in front of her, sitting on her own tombstone without a care. At the mention of her name, Julia looked in her direction, and she could feel the tears slip down her face.

"Julia.." Lily's voice came out much more shaky the second time. Emotions were bubbling up in her throat as she took a few steps to where Julia's grave stood.

She called out to her again, but this time Julia approached her. "How....?" She could have sworn Julia was long dead. She attended the funeral; she had seen the body for herself.

It had been three years since her passing. 3 years that Lily had spent grieving Now the one she mourned stood in front of her with the familiar expression she always wore.

"I came to say goodbye."

'What? Goodbye? Again? But they just reunited.'

"You need to go, Lily."

"What?"

"The scholarship-you need to keep moving forward. Don't let me hold you back."

Lily froze. She had gotten herself a scholarship from abroad, one that she considered not to take. She hadn't wanted to leave. She didn't want to leave. Julia. After Julia had died, she promised not to abandon her ever. But now..

"Visit me again one day and show me what you become."

"But I can't."

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere."

"I'll come back. I promise"

"I know. But now, it's time for you to leave."

...

"Ma'am, it's time for you to leave."

She mumbled a few words under her breath as she opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes before looking up at the guard who had gently shook her awake.

She was leaning up against a slab of rock with the offerings she had brought for Julia in her hands. Wiping away the dried-up tear marks from her face, she stood up with newfound determination.

Placing down the gifts in her hands, she bid Julia goodbye, with the promise to return home soon.