HUNTED (I)

no i'm not reposting a seer fic i made here . would never ................ anyways . before anyone asks how this relates to them prompt it's less physically hunting something down and more mentally being hunted. you'll see.

TW // BODY HORROR, BLOOD, DEATH, GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, SELF HARM THOUGHTS/ACTIONS

────────────

For a moment, the only sense Seer had was his sight. He saw the skies darkened, the smoke that was billowing from the edges of the land, and the bodies that covered the ground.

Seer had jumped back, and then his other senses had kicked in. His hands pushed down against the dirt, some parts of it were unnaturally dry and other parts sunk in against his palms, wet of blood. He must've fell.

He gasped, and inhaled the horrible stench of burning, dying bodies. Cloth being torched, bricks and buildings slowly collapsing and melting away. Bodies, all around him, flesh burning to a crisp. Seer gagged at the smell. His eyes burned from the smoke.

When did he get here? Right. Dread, this wasn't real.

Right?

His blood was flowing at the sight. He needed to get out of here. Even if this wasn't real, it made him feel like his lungs would be filled with smoke at any moment, or that his eyes would melt from his skull.

Seer inhaled to try and calm himself, but all that did was make him inhale the smell of corpses again. He covered his mouth, dirt still on his hands. Find a way out. Find a way out.

"Seer."

A shriveled, dying voice. For a moment, Seer thought he was just hearing things. No one seemed alive around him. Moments later, he felt a small tug on his cloak.

"Seer..."

Seer looked down, and his own scream was caught in his throat. He wanted to scream, but almost every nerve in his body stopped at the sight.

Colle. Colle was on the ground. Colle was bleeding. Colle was missing bits and pieces from his torso. His scarf was torn, his throat was covered in blood, his skin barely covered his bones. It was a sight that made all the blood leave Seer's face, and he almost fainted.

"Colle- COLLE!"

Seer shook him blindly, barely processing the sight. Suddenly, it didn't matter to him if this was real or not, all that mattered was holding Colle.

"Seer, why did-"

He coughed, and Seer winced at it. This isn't real. He tried desperately to remind himself of that, but it felt so far off. He felt the warm blood on his hands as he held Colle, and he briefly wondered where it was leaking from.

Seer tried to stand up on his feet, but Colle's grip remained firm. It ticked at Seer's heart, it made him pause. He was practically kneeling over Colle.

"Where are you going...?"

"I'm- I don't know, but I need to get out of here-"

"What are you saying?!- You- you did this and-"

"I didn't..." Seer mumbled, slowly pulling Colle's hand off, "I-I know you're just trying to mess with me-"

"YOU did this! You killed all of these people and now you're-" Colle was cut off by more coughing. He practically collapsed onto Seer, and the wounds he had only became more and more visible. Seer shook his head violently, biting his inner cheek.

No- not real, not real. This wasn't real. Seer couldn't let this stop him.

"Stop. You're not real. Please." His voice was cracking, he wanted to slap himself. He wanted to tell himself to snap out of it, but it was all too much. His senses were too overwhelmed to think properly.