Chapter 2: Tensions

Start from the beginning

The wolf yelped in pain as Leon slowly released it from its trap. Once the trap was open enough, the wolf pulled its paw out of the trap. The wolf happily barked at the blonde before taking off. "Take care of yourself, buddy."

Leon's nobility made Jasper realize that despite the years have passed and all the changes that he went through, his morals remained the same.

"Let's go," Leon urged Jasper.

He used the insignia key to unlock the gate and swung it open, revealing a path leading towards a dark and eerie cave. The two agents carefully walked through the dark cavern, their boots crunching on the small rocks. As they made out of the tunnel, Jasper spotted a villager staring at them and vanished into the bushes before he could get a good look. They come across another gate and the two of them pushed it open together, revealing the desolate village square.

The silence hung heavy in the air, sending shivers down their spines now that both of their jackets were missing. The village was pervaded by an unsettling silence, an eerie hush that seemed to creep into the very pores of the weathered buildings. It was as if there something was waiting for them.

"Is it me or is it too quite now?" Jasper asked Leon in a hushed tone.

"It's definitely too quiet," Leon responded. "Keep an eye out. We don't know what's waiting for us out here."

With Leon's signal, they slowly ventured further into the empty village, their footsteps muffled by the abandoned streets. Suddenly, an explosion occurs, and a building collapses, creating debris and cloud of white smoke.

"What?" Leon asked in shock and bewilderment.

Emerging from the rubble, a ferocious pack of black, rabid wolves appeared. Their eyes gleamed with hunger and aggression. The wolves' fangs were bare, their saliva drooling and blood dripping from their jaws as they glared at them. Without hesitation, Jasper and Leon quickly formed a defensive circle, their weapons tightly gripped and ready to repel the impending attack.

The pack of wolves growled lowly before they began to lunge forward with a relentless frenzy. Leon and Jasper twisted and turned as they fought to stay one step ahead of the relentless attacks. The sound of gunfire rang out through the silent village as the two agents eliminated the vicious creatures, but their numbers seemed to multiply with every passing moment.

"They keep coming!" The realization dawned upon them that escape was imperative. With a shared glance of determination, they made a daring decision to run and split in different paths.

Two rabid wolves began to approach Jasper, growling lowly at him. The raven-haired agent switched his gaze between the two canines as he quickly thought of a plan. One of the wolves lunged at him, but he quickly fired a couple of rounds at it. The other wolf was about to jump at him, but he quickly launched a swift kick to its body, sending the animal to the ground before shooting it a couple of times. The wolf let out a pitiful howl as it collapsed to the ground before its body turned lifeless.

He had yet encountered another wolf and this time, the animal had the upper hand and pounced on him. In a second, Jasper quickly reacted, aiming his gun between the wolf's jaws and pulling the trigger. A hail of the bullet ripped through its flesh, stopping its advance on its tracks.

Jasper panted heavily as he pushed the animal's corpse off of him. He stumbled onto his feet, dusting himself off a bit. Suddenly, another one growled and was about to pounce at him, only for a bullet to fly through the canine's body in a different direction, causing it to fly and hit the ground from the impact.

The raven-haired turned to see Leon raising his shotgun. After the wolf fell lifeless from the gunfire, Leon lowered his weapon and said with a monotone voice, "You're welcome."

Fates Intertwined | Resident Evil 4On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara