Chapter 1// Non-ManEating Demons

Start from the beginning

He wasn't then, he supposed...

He laid on the ground, he heard the screams of his beloved family and he smelt their pain. When the sounds quieted down, he waited for death, to die with his family. Instead he felt a sharp pain on his forehead. He, for the life of his couldn't open his eyes at all while something sharp pierced his forehead.

The sharp thing on his forehead injected some liquid in him, a lot of it. He felt nothing for a few seconds and could feel his conciousness slipping away. Maybe this monster somehow had the slightest sympathy to give him a painless death. That was a very distant thought and hard to consider though he did nonetheless.

Oh how wrong he was.

The pain was so sO SO bad. Was this the pain his family went through? Now he felt even worse. The pain of the sadness and the guilt was almost as painful as the pain in his body. He could feel, he could see his body deforming and slowly turning into a pile if disgusting flesh.

It lasted for a minutes before his whole body was not a body anymore.

xXx

Tanjiro woke up, not a pile of flesh anymore and instead his normal body if a little paler than normal.

Wait, were those claws? And why did he feel fangs in his mouth?Why did he had much better senses??? And most importantly how was he alive in any way??

He looked around and saw his family, his family laying on the ground, on a puddle of their own blood. Their bodies didn't even have a single scratch from what he could tell, and also like him they had claws, their skin was paler and they had fangs.

The most important thing though...

They were alive too

Tanjiro could hear it, their heart beats and their slow and raspy breaths, he could feel the body heat of them in the air, he could catch things with his eyes things about them an alive person would never be able to do.

And most importantly they didn't smell like corpses at all, maybe a little scent of rot he just realised was coming off of him too but not dead.

He could save them.

Right after that thought Nezuko started to move around eventually standing up. Tanjiro reached for her only to be attacked by her. She was obviously aggressive and was not thinking just attacking anything alive she happened to come across. Tanjiro was able to dodge her attacks and block her attempt at biting him by putting the hilt of the hatched in her mouth easily.

He could definetly feel more power in his own body along with her, he believed he could do this when he was normal too but this was just not natural in anyway shape or form. How was he suddenly much MUCH stronger than before, especially after being attacked by a monster and getting his back broken.

The worst of it all though Nezuko was still attacking him. So he tried to reach out to the feral Nezuko who was biting into the hatched.

"N-Nezuko! It's me! P-Please don't, please snap out of it! I'm so sorry for not being able to protect all of you but please! I beg of you so just please!"

Tanjiro started to mumble apologies under his breath. Nezuko stopped, Nezuko stopped biting into the hatched and started to cry falling to the ground.