Costume party

Começar do início

"Most importantly remember to have fun and do your best!"

"Us? Sew?" Luisa repeats still a bit confused.

"Good luck, everyone!"

"I can't wait to get started!" Mirabel cheers.

"Isa? Are you okay?"

"Somewhat," she says, "I've never made a costume by myself before. I don't want to embarrass myself."

"It's not that hard. My mom and I can show you," Sofia offered. "And I'm sure Uncle Agustín will be happy to teach you too."

"Besides isn't your Abuela costume already done?" Dolores says to the distraught flower girl.

"That's right," rubs her head, "I can't even participate even if I wanted to."

"You can still help us with our costumes," Sofia looked at the flyer, "According to the rules we can have relatives help out."

-Casita-

"Sofia's right," Isa says to herself, "Making a costume can't be that hard. I mean, I'm a Madrigal and I can do anything!" Holding a needle and thread.

(grunting, sighing) "Oh! Oh! Hmmm. Oh! Ohh!"

"Isa?" Agustín walks in, "Everything okay?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"If you need help sewing your costume, I could show you. The thread goes in that end."

"I know Dad," Isa said, "I'm doing just fine. Thank you, though."

"Okay." he years for the door, "Well, let me know if you change your mind."

"I will!" she waves bye and resumes sewing, "Okay, and Uhh!" (whimpers) "Oh! This is impossible! OH! That's it!" she summons flowers and decorates them on her Alma dress. "There we go! At least it's not so plain. Now to get some fabric glue." as she searches she overhears someone.

Fran: "Oh, what a beautiful costume, Sofia!"

Bruno: "Hmm? It looks just like a swan!"

Sofia: "Mm-hmm. But Silver."

"Silver! Did she make a silver swan?"

Fran: "Is that a swizzle stitch? Where'd you learn that?"

"A swizzle stitch? What's a swizzle stitch?"

Camilo runs by holding something green, "Look out! Dragon coming through!"

"Mom, you taught me how to do a swizzle stitch before I could walk."

"Whoa! Awesome job, Sofia! Check out my dragon costume." Camilo holds up a dragon head.

"Ooh! Scary! But Shouldn't there be a tail?"

"Oh. This is just the front part of the dragon. Zander's doing the back. So, we each only had to make half the costume. Brilliant, right?"

"Very"

"Sofia!" Isa points to the dress, "You made that?"

"I know. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"It's even better than my dragon."

"And check out your sisters," Bruno said.

Mirabel stops coloring and holds up her costume revealing a dress with butterfly wings in the back and her name done in loops, swirls, and butterflies. "How did you do that?"

"I got the costume from Tía's box and used her fabric markers to make it look like one of my drawings." She starts adding glitter.

Luisa steps out in a sheet tied to her shoulder, wearing sandals and holding a wooden sword and wooden shield. "Luisa is that your bedsheet?" asked Isa.