Prologue

For as long as you can remember, you were taught about the long history of Sorcerers, dating as far back as the Heian Era. It was drilled into your head that you were born with a duty, an obligation that you must fulfill for the rest of your life.

That duty is to become the wife of the next Head of a certain Clan.

To become Gojo Satoru's wife. To give him heir capable of leading as the next Head.

Your Clan, the Shiro Clan, is not among the strongest Sorcerer Families, however, your family plays an important role to the vitality of the Gojo Clan. For lack of better explanation, the powerful Gojo Clan that has the world at their fingertips needs your Clan more than anything else.

Every seventh generation, or every hundred and fifty years, your Clan offers one daughter to marry the next Head of the Gojo Clan. The union between the two is said to purify and bless the Gojo Clan for the next seven generations to come.

And so at the age of thirteen, you and the young Master of the Gojo Clan were promised to marry each other.

A traditional marriage ceremony meant to tie you and the boy for the rest of your lives. In this modern age, you were taught about tradition, that's why to you, marrying at a young age was not strange. But to the boy who had just turned into a young man, it was totally strange, preposterous, laughable even.

At the age of sixteen, the promised marriage was finally fulfilled. But after the wedding, for a while, you and him lived separate lives. While he was sent to Tokyo Jujutsu High, you stayed at the household.

It wasn't until you both turned eighteen did you two consummate your marriage.

It was drilled into your head that this is just a duty, a responsibility, as heavy as it was, for the future of the Gojo Clan now depends on you.

You are fulfilling your responsibility in the most perfect way possible. You married the Head of the Gojo Clan. You gave him two children who will secure the future of the Clan. For as long as you are alive, you will provide purity to the Clan.

You were taught not to expect more and not to give less.

What was it were you not to expect more and not to give less?

At one point you realized the answer.

The most twisted curse of all.

Love.

You were taught not to expect love from Gojo Satoru. You were taught not to give less of the same love. But in your selfish way of thinking, you once asked him that question.

"Do you love me because you need me? Or do you need me because you love me? What exactly am I to you, Satoru?"

After all, loving someone because you need them is a lot different than needing someone because you love them. One is an act of true love and the other is not.

After years of fulfilling your duty and responsibility immaculately as a daughter born from the Clan that is needed by the Gojo Clan, you started to wonder if Gojo Satoru had ever, even once, needed you because he loves you and not the other way around.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙃
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥