a newspaper, a note for mom, and a letter for me. i wandered back to the kitchen and put the mail on the table. i grabbed the syrup from the fridge and poured it all over my pancakes. i sat down after returning the syrup and opened the note. it read:

dear miss estella hale, 

we are pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into our one year program to stay at a mansion on the beach. if you stay the whole year, you will win $1,000,000. if you leave, you shall be compensated and returned home safely. if you intend to go, please fill out the form below.

i dropped my fork and it landed on the rug. my mouth was gaped open and i gasped. i couldn't believe it. i had actually made it in! i jumped up from the chair and hurried to find my phone. i dialed my mom's number and after three seconds she picks up. 

"mom, you're not going to believe this!"

marley's pov:

i was strumming my guitar while i sat on my windowsill. the spring air felt good flowing in the window. i was trying to learn how to play a gracie abrams song on the guitar, and i think it was going good. i watched as the mailman stopped to stick something in the mailbox. 

i got up from my comfy spot and sat my guitar down gently in its stand. i slid on my shoes and trotted to retrieve the mail. i normally didn't get mail so i was excited to see what it was. i pulled it out and headed back into my tiny house. 

i headed back to my room and opened the letter. it was an invitation to a contest. it read: 

dear miss marlena miller: 

we are pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into our one year program to stay at a mansion on the beach. if you stay the whole year, you will win $1,000,000. if you leave, you shall be compensated and returned home safely. if you intend to go, please fill out the form below.

oh my god. i had made it in. i couldn't believe it. i felt myself grin and i picked up my guitar to play a happy song. 

casey's pov:

i dabbed my paintbrush in the pink paint, and rubbed it on the canvas. i smear it along the lines of the flower i'm painting. i grab a different paintbrush and brush it through light green paint, but before i can do anything with it, the mail arrives. i was expecting new paint so i dashed to the mailbox. i didn't find my paint though. it was a letter addressed to me. 

dear miss casey mirari,

we are pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into our one year program to stay at a mansion on the beach. if you stay the whole year, you will win $1,000,000. if you leave, you shall be compensated and returned home safely. if you intend to go, please fill out the form below

i gasp, delighted. this was amazing. i dropped my paintbrush as i rushed to go tell my family. i was already dreaming of the people i could meet. and all the paintings i would have inspiration for. 

luka's pov:

i walk down the street. it's a warm day, too warm to be wearing the sweatshirt that i am. but i wanted to wear it so i was. i strolled past the stores and windows, grazing in the and looking at what might be cool. Radio by lana del rey was playing in my headphones. i was humming the tune and passing the post office when someone stopped me.