"Pretty girls get in for free." She continued smirking, nodding her head over to Jennie. Wide-eyed, Jennie glanced between the bouncer and Lisa, face turning red. The woman looked back at Lisa, smug. "You? Twenty bucks."

Lisa snorted, laughing despite it. "Fuck you too." she reached into her pocket and pretended to grab cash, instead pulling out her fist with middle finger raised, flourishing it boldly to the woman, her own smug smirk on her face.

The bouncer just laughed and opened the door wider, stepping aside so Lisa and Jennie could slip in. "Have fun, girls."

Lisa glanced over at Jennie to give her a reassuring nod and went inside. Jennie made a small little noise, and followed after.

They walked through the dark hallway as the loud bass of music thrummed through the walls and air. Jennie sped up, half jogging until she was following right behind Lisa, like a shadow.

"What is this place?" She asked, voice hushed. Just as she spoke they walked out of the hall into the main room - tables and booths scattered around the wide, dimly lit space, a raised stage at one end where the a drum set and instrument stands for the band were waiting under dim lights. A staircase led up to a second floor, and one corner boasted a couple of pinball game machines.

"Welcome to The Pink Venom," Lisa nodded up to the logo of a medieval-art style logo of a beer stein at an angle hanging over the bar counter. Jennie looked at it for a second before whipping her head back to look at Lisa.

"Lisa, is this a bar?" She whispered, looking so absolutely scandalized Lisa couldn't help laughing.

"Yeah." She said, leaning back on her heels to see Jennie's reaction and was rewarded with Jennie moving in closer, shoulders hunched.

Jennie's voice lowered even further to a panicked hiss. "Lisa, we are underage."

"Huh. Hadn't noticed." Lisa smirked back at her. "Yeah, why'd you think we snuck in the back?"

Jennie looked horrified, glancing between Lisa and the rest of the crowded bar, like she expected them to be noticed immediately and thrown in prison for their heinous crime of sneaking into a bar a couple of years too early. Lisa sighed with amusement and stepped forward to spin around so she was facing Jennie, ducking down slightly to try and catch her eye.

"Relax, it's my dad's bar, we won't get in trouble. And if anyone asks? We're old enough, just look young. You don't have to drink just because we're here, we can just grab like coke and water. It's okay."

Jennie didn't look convinced, but let Lisa lead them through the crowd up to a free bar table. She hopped up onto one stool, motioning to Jennie to sit on the other as she leaned across the table. Jennie, tentatively, climbed up to sit and looked at the slight stains on the table top like she was afraid they would burn her.

"Drinks?" Lisa asked, fingers tapping excitedly on the table.

"Ginger ale, please." Jennie shifted. "And a water?"

"You got it." Lisa slapped the table and jumped off her seat, strolling over to the bar to order. As she stood there waiting, she watched Jennie, sitting ramrod straight with her hands on her lap looking around the crowded bar curiously. Her thumb was rubbing against the other in her usual fidgety way, and she kept biting her whole lower lip, something Lisa had noticed she did whenever she was thinking hard about a problem.

Jennie seemed to feel Lisa's eyes on her and looked over. She tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ear and smiled shyly, waving.

Lisa became aware of a very slight humming noise in her ears as she waved back.